THIRY-EIGHT

Last Words

It was dark when I woke up. Napakagat-labi agad ako nang maramdaman ang pananakit sa buo kong katawan. Higit lalo na ang gitnang parte ko.

Ugh. I couldn't even move my arms. Pakiwari ko'y sumabak ako sa giyera at tila naglakad nang buong magdamag. Ganito ba talaga pag unang beses? Parang gusto ko na lang matulog sa buong magdamag.

Pero gustuhin ko man ay kumakalam na ang sikmura ko. I didn't even ate my lunch and I only had a cup of coffee this morning bago ako tumungo sa hotel.

The door swung open and I immediately covered my eyes from the light coming from the outside of the room.

"You got me worried. I thought you won't ever wake up. I knocked you out pretty hard, huh." Chris chuckled as he walked towards the bed.

"Har har. Very funny." Ngumuso ako at sinubukang iangat ang sarili at isandal ang kalahati ng katawan ko sa headboard.

"You consumed my energy, you beast." I smirked at him.

"We only did it once, Nica. I'd been planning to do you repeatedly. You need to keep up, my sweet."

"Masakit ang buo kong katawan, Chris." I complained, dodging his statement. Repeatedly? Whaat???

Chris sat beside me as he switched on the light of the table lamp. He leaned over just to kiss me on my forehead. Pinasadahan ko ito ng tingin. He changed his clothes. He's now wearing a sleeveless shirt and sweat pants. He gently fixed my disheveled hair and the way he gazed at me made me feel so warm inside out.

"You went back to your guest house." It was a statement.

He nodded. "Need to check on them."

"How's Echo?" I don't know but just thinking of the child breaks my heart a little. The innocent boy must be protected at all cost. The world has been cruel to him.

"He's fine. Still acting strange but over all, he's okay."

"That's good to know. Do you think Echo is mad at me? I want to be friends with him, Chris."

"Really? Uhm. But I don't think that's a good idea for now, sweetheart. Carrie painted you bad in his mind. Seeing you might trigger his depression."

Nalungkot ako. "Naiintindihan ko. I just wished I've made a good impression to him before. Saglit kasi ang panahon na may interaksyon kami ng bata. Tapos nangyari pa yung insidente sa bangin."

Chris took my hand and kissed my palm. "Anyway, kumuha din ako ng ilang bihisan ko at dinala ko dito because I will be sleeping here with you from now on." He cocked an eye brow at me, giving me that "you-know-what-I-mean" look.

I contorted my face and rolled my eyes at him but I can't stop myself from grinning. I love it. I love the fact that we'll be sleeping together from now on.

As it should.

"Rosalie saw us." I knew it was her. And I am sure the girl confronted the man, as if she has all the rights in the world. Duh.

Chris took my hand and played with it using his fingers. "Yeah. I told her we get back together."

My eyes widened like saucers and my jaw dropped, pretending I was shocked by what he just said. "We do? I don't remember I told you that I forgave you, Chris."

Chris knitted his brows. "Nica...." he warned. Or rather he whined because he sounded like one to me. I wanted to laugh at his expression.

"Okay. Okay. And what else did you talk about?"