(Yamamoto)The Accident And The Baseball Game

3rd person POV

"Yamamoto!" One of the baseball club's members runs up to him, glove in hand. "Are you alright?" He asked. "That looked like it hurt."

"I'm fine, Koji." He replied, laughing in defense. "It didn't come off the bat very hard."

"You should seriously go see the nurse. You could have a concussion." Said Koji, clearly worried. "Seriously, you have a huge lump on your head!" He touched the lump on Yamamoto's head and he winced.

"Okay, fine. I'll go see the nurse." He said, giving in. When they reached the nurse's office, it appeared to be empty. "Hello?" Yamamoto said. "Are you looking for the nurse? She isn't here today." A mysterious voice said. Then a girl came out from behind a desk.

"Yamamoto, is that-?" Koji started, but was cut off.

"Kairī-chan!?" He shouted, surprisedly.

Kairī POV

I laughed. "Takeshi, how many times have I told you to drop the '-chan'? We're best friends, so there's no need for formalities."

He just laughed softly. "I'm just not used to saying your name without '-chan'."

Then Koji interrupted. "I'll leave you to tend to Yamamoto then." Before he left, he whispered something in Takeshi's ear and made him blush a bit.

"Alright Takeshi, come here so I can see- HOLY CRUD TAKESHI!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HEAD?!"

"That's what I'm in here for, Kairī-chan." he replied. "I got hit in the head with a ball."

I face palmed. "A BALL?! How can a baseball make this big of a lump?!"All he did in response was stare at me. I waved my hand in front of his face. "Takeshi? Are you alright?" No response. "Takeshi! Stop staring at me!"

That woke him up. "Eh? I was staring?" He laughed it off and I laughed too. He does have one of those contagious laughs. I grabbed an ice pack and gently placed it on his head. "Ite..."

"I'm sorry Takeshi. Does it hurt as bad now that you have the ice pack?" I said.

"It doesn't really hurt bad anymore. Thanks Kairī-chan!" He said, then stood up. "Is it alright if I go?"

"As long as you're careful not to bump it again, you can go." I replied.

Before walking out if the room, he turned to me and said, "I'll hit you the biggest home run in next week's game for taking such good care of me." And left with the biggest smile.

~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP TO NEXT WEEK'S GAME~~~~~~~~

Yamamoto POV

Just as the game was about to begin, I looked up in the stands. 'Where's Kairī-chan?' I thought. Maybe she wasn't coming. I sighed. As we walked to the dugout, I heard people yelling my name. I just look up and smile at the fangirls. Little did I know, SHE was up there with them.

Kairī POV

'Yamamoto...' I thought. Did he even see me? I just can't miss a game with a homerun dedicated to me. That would be rude. 'Maybe he'll see me better if I go over to a more open spot.' As I'm walking to the bottom row over in a less crowded area, I hear my name being called. 'Was that...' I turn around to see Tsuna, Gokudera, Bianchi, and Reborn all walking down to watch the game.

"I didn't know you liked baseball, Kairī-chan. Wanna watch the game together?" Tsuna asked.

"Sure, why not!" I replied. As we all get seated behind the batters box area, Yamamoto goes up to bat."Go Yamamoto!!" Everyone shouts at the same time. Right now, it was the bottom of the last innong and Namimori was down by 2, bases were loaded.

Yamamoto POV

I looked up in the stands where I heard Tsuna and co.'s voices come from, only to see Kairī there with them. 'So that's where she went.' I thought. As I stepped into the batter's box, I looked at Kairī and pointed my bat in her direction, signaling that this was for her. She nodded in understanding.

As I looked to the pitcher, I could see him winding up to throw. I pulled by bat into position, and as the ball came towards me, I swing the bat.

Kwrak. The ball went flying out past the center fielder, over their head, going, going, going... It's over the fence!!! But its still going. It goes past all of the seats and lands somewhere over the rainbow. As I run the bases, I see the score. 8-6 Namimori leads by 2!! I smile as the whole team runs up to me. "Wooo!!! MVP Yamamoto!!!" Everyone cheers. As I make my way to the dugout, I see the whole gang in the stands cheering, and for some reason, Kairī was blushing.

After the team finished clearing out the dugouts and gettomnh changed, I ran up to Kairī and smiled warmly. Kairī still looked like she was blushing. "Hey, Kairī, are you okay?" I asked.

She looked up at me and smiled. "I'm okay Takeshi. Why do you ask?" I brought her over to a bleecher and we sat down. "You just look flushed, that's all. Did the heat get to you?" She explained. "See, I told my friend, Luna*, about you dedicating the homerun to me, and she told me... well, she told me that if the one dedicated to me was a game-winning grand slam, that, um... Itmeanswewerementtobetogether!"(It means we were meant to be together)

I looked at her. Did she...like me? I blushed a bit. "Remember last week at the nurse's office, when Koji whispered in my ear?" She nodded. "Koji said the exact same thing!" After a few awkward moments, I spoke. "So I guess what I'm trying to say is, will you go out with me?" She gasped. "Oh, Takeshi...YES!!!" Then she hugged me and I hugged back.

EXTENDED ENDING

Luna: So how did it go?

Takeshi: The plan worked. We even negotiated with the other team and they helped.

Luna: I didn't know you were such a devious planner!

Takeshi: not devious, I just wanted Kairī to be mine. And I do what it takes to get what I want. *smirks*

Luna: What is that look? Is that... YANDERE?!?! I'd better tell Kairī what shes getting in to.

Kairī:*walks in the room* I already knew he was part yandere; I like it. *hugs Takeshi*

*Luna is my OC for Tsuna's girlfriend, mainly because my sister Luna likes Tsuna. (Sometimes I call tsuna Tsum. I like messing with his name)