Chapter Fifty Four

Start from the beginning

"It is"

The bus pulled up and waited. Just then a light skinned woman walked up to them. Mr Williams opened the door and got down immediately.

"You are Mr Williams?" She asked.

"Yes. Thank you very much"

"Don't say it" she replied with a big smile as she entered the bus and sat down while directing the bus driver to her house.

The students greeted her and she replied them. Her gaze skimmed the bus before it settled on Semiloore.

"You are Semiloore right?"

Semiloore looked surprised "Yes"

"You look more beautiful in person. Joseph talks a lot about you and Tamiloore"

"He does?"

"Dad probably has an earful already"

"Your dad?"

She smiled and nodded as she directed the bus to turn into an estate. They were stopped at the gate and she quickly showed them her pass.

"Whoa!"

"This estate is smelling money" Timi said and everyone burst into laughter at Timi's words.

"These are not houses oo"

"What are they then?"

"Castles and mansions"

Although everyone laughed at the reply, it wasn't far from the truth. The houses in this estate were huge with tall fences. There was no single house with aluminum roofing.

Some walls were marbled, some planted flowers and almost all had electric wires over the tall fences.

"This is paradise"

"Like seriously"

"The house with the black gate" the woman said.

"Oh my god!"

"This is your house?"

"Yes"

"Mad"

The bus driver horned and the gateman opened the gate frowning but his frown disappeared as soon as he saw Madam and quickly allowed the bus to enter.

The house was really a mansion-castle. The floors were all marbled. There was a huge fountain with a goddess opening her mouth were the water poured from.

There were flowers everywhere. Up ahead was a huge house. It was painted in cream and merely looking around you needed no one to tell you this was money.

"I didn't know Professor Joseph had such a rich sister" Olamide whispered.

"Doesn't Professor Joseph look rich to you too?"

"He is. The suit he wore that day we went for excursion at OAU, I later saw it on Jumai, it was worth about sixty thousand"

"I'm sorry I didn't even introduce myself. My name is Omolola Adekunle. I'm a barrister actually but I also dabble at interpreting sometimes"

"Whoa!"

"Barrister? That's way too cool"

"What do you mean interpreting?" Nathaniel asked.

"I pose as an interpreter to tourists. I speak five languages, six actually"

"Six languages?"

"Whoa!"

"English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Portuguese and a little Greek"

"Whoa!"

"You are totally cool"

"You guys should come in please"

Everyone got down and walked into the house. The inside was far more impressive than the outside.
They sat down on the arm chairs while Mrs Omolola walked in. They soon heard voices.

"You lost!"

"Just by 12 marks! The agreement was 30 marks"

"Stop trying to evade it. You lost all the same. You are washing plates throughout this week and next week"

"Like am an idiot! Follow the rules!"

"You lost!"

"Then give me back my chicken tonight"

"I told you I was going to give you tomorrow"

"Aniyo, I want it tonight"

"Is this because you lost?"

"Its because you are breaching the rules"

"Fine!"

The two youngsters appeared to have being arguing on the stairs. As they turned and saw people seated on the chair,they froze.

"Mom?"

"You guys didn't hear me yell on top of my lungs earlier"

"Who are these?"

"Our visitors"

"Our visitors?"

"Right. Hi everyone meet my children Olivia and her younger brother Samuel"

"Hi" Olivia replied waving at them while they waved back.

"Will you guys keep their company till I get the food ready?"

"Sure"

Olivia jumped down the stairs as she looked at everyone.

"Hi everyone. I'm Olivia and am in JSS3"

"Hi Olivia. My name is Timi and these are my friends. Rebecca, Christian, Peter,  Olamide, Semiloore and Nathaniel"

"Nice to meet you all"

"What are you guys doing in our house?" Samuel asks sitting on the floor "I don't mean to sound rude but we don't get visitors all the time"

"We have a competition tomorrow and the hotels here in Abuja are very expensive. Your mom helped us"

"A competition?"

"Yes"

"You mean cowbellpedia?"

"Yeah"

"You guys got to the final round?"

"Yeah"

"Oh my freaking fuddy! That's so cool. You guys are so cool"

"Our school didn't even get through the second round" Samuel said.

"That's because that block head keeps representing us" Olivia replied with a scoff.

"Snr Wole isn't a block head Olivia. He's really cool"

"No. He's just a pompous showoff"

"Like you aren't a pompous show off too"

Olivia chuckled "At least I don't hide it"

"Who are the ones representing you guys?"

"Those two" Peter replied pointing to Semiloore and Nathaniel.

"Whoa!"

"You guys are so cool"

"Snr Nathaniel,nyou are really handsome"

Nathaniel smiled a little at the girl "Thank you"

"Let's play PES" Samuel suggested.

"Oh joy"

"Let's just watch some movies" Olivia said to the girls.

"We can't do both on the same TV right?"

Olivia shrugged "There's another sitting room"

"There's another?"

"Yup. Let's go"