𝟏 . 𝟓

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The demons started marching THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION FROM THE SOUND.

I hopped from tree to tree, getting a better view of the area.

Maybe they have a different plan from mine.

I squinted my eyes and saw the source of the noise. A demon was chasing something. It took me a second to realize it was someone.

The demon was way different than the ones I came with. It had a tail and was running on its legs. It couldn't talk and didn't have a mask either.

My eyes quickly glued on the kids. I was able to count fifteen of them. Fifteen members of my family in a life-death situation as I watch up here, not doing anything.

My legs trembled as temptation filled me. I wanted to save them, kill the demon, and escape with them.

Wait, fifteen?

What happened to the other kids? Did they leave them?

"But don't forget about what your mission truly is. If you waver or side with them, you would have immediate death," Peter's voice echoed.

Shut up, Peter! Who cares about death? Their safety is my number one priority!

"{y/c} come here," one of the demons cut my thoughts. I quickly jumped down and ran towards them. I bowed as my face filled with disgust.

Disgusting.

He pointed towards the ground. I looked at him filled with confusion. The ground looked normal, except the fact that there were so many branches. And that those branches covered the ground.

"They will be coming here," he placed his finger among the branches. "Your job is to kill the inferior race."

"Inferior race?" I asked. "You mean the one that's chasing them?"

I couldn't read his emotions since he's wearing a mask, but he's looking at me like he's going to kill me if I don't shut up.

"I wouldn't like that thing to touch premium quality. You should know that," said Mr. Demon. "Don't hurt the merchandise."

As if I'd hurt them. I would rather hurt you—

"Get ready," he warned. "This will prove your master. If you don't kill it, might as well ship you out."
I clicked my tongue and went back up the branch. The demons hid among the shadows, waiting for their prey.

You're saving them. You aren't going to get them killed. I told myself. Life? Death? I don't give a shit.

The children hid behind a tree. After a few seconds, they separated.

When I meant "they separated" I meant Ray separated from the others.

Oh, how I wanted to slap him for his stupidity and ambition.

"Come then, I'm here," said Ray.

The demon looked at him, his mouth drooling.

"Yes, that's it... COME!"

The demon started chasing him as he ran towards the area the demon pointed. I followed him above.

At least those demons had brains.

I saw the demon's jaw crack open, as it reached towards Ray.

Perfect timing.

I jumped down and unsheathed my blades. Grasping on its hilt tightly, I slashed its eye first, killing it instantly.

I sliced off its head too in the process, because... you know... I'm so extra.

Blood splattered all over my white clothes and blade. I smirked as I stood on top of the monster.

Well, I know I could've just shot its eye, but if it's the first time you see your best friend again, you gotta make a good impression.

And that 100% worked.

He turned and his eyes widened in shock.

"W-who are you?" he asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but was quickly cut off by Mr. Demon.

"Just in time, as we anticipated," said he. "Found them."

Did you really have to ruin my entrance?

He pointed at me and gestured me to go to him. I clicked my tongue as I jumped off and ran towards the demon, sheathing my blade. I crossed my hands in annoyance.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Ray hide among the trees.

"We will bring them back at once," said the demon. "Disgusting. Imagine an inferior race even touching our merchandise."

Ray, I'm not on their side I promise. I'll protect you. I'll let you escape.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N
The colored panel above is made by my friend, @/izuwusproperty
Check her out 😘