ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

RING RING

Isabella sighed as the little phone from her secret room rang. She stood up from her desk and made her way there.

This was a routine of hers, receiving calls, shipping out children, and giving information to Grandma.

She entered the communication room picking up the device that hung on the machine.

"Hello, this is code 73584 from the Grace Field Plantation," said she.

"Hello, you didn't expect me did you?" said a man's voice from the other side of the phone.

Isabella trembled but kept her composure. "Hello, sir. What did you call me for?"

"Is {Y/C} ready to be shipped?" asked the man.

Isabella's eyes widened in shock. "Two shipments in a week?" she asked frantically. "But—"

"We'll make an exception this time," the man cut Isabella off.

She took a deep breath. "When will I ship her out, Sir?"

"Tomorrow, midnight. Is that okay with you?"

"Yes, sir."

The man ended the call as Isabella jaw dropped. She didn't expect that news from the higher-ups. She made her way back to her office and went to her desk.

Thoughts whirled around her head, not knowing what to do. This was the first time this had ever happened in Grace Field.

Making up her mind, she stood up. She had made the decision to tell the girl her fate. She opened the door and walk to the room where the little girl slept.

Not making any noise Isabella silently woke the girl up. The girl opened her eyes, meeting Isabella's face.

"{y/n}," said Isabella. "Could you come with me for a minute?"

{y/n} wiped her eyes and nodded. She used all her power to stand up and wore her slippers.

"Why do you need me in a time like this?" {y/n} yawned. She followed Isabella to her office.

"I have just gotten news from the higher-ups. I would just like to inform you about it," replied Isabella.

She opened the door and gestured {y/n} to go inside.
They both sat as Isabella began to speak.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"I-i'm getting shipped out? J-just after Norman?" asked the frightened {y/n}. She was trembling, as she placed her hands on her gaping mouth.

"I'm so sorry {y/n}. They wanted you sooner than I expected too," said Isabella, who didn't make eye contact.

"B-but—" {y/n} tried to argue, but no words would come out of her mouth.

"I know it's a lot to take in," sighed Isabella. "Don't worry, you'll leave tomorrow at midnight. You may cast your goodbyes today."

"But," {y/n} slammed her hands on the desk, "why are they shipping me out so soon?" she asked angrily. "I thought the next shipment is two months from now?"

"Yes, I know {y/n}. I don't know either," said Isabella, calmly.

"I-i—" {y/n} felt tears fall down her eyes. She abruptly left the room, leaving towards the library.

Isabella sighed, "I am truly sorry {y/n}."

{y/n} ran towards the library. She couldn't accept what she heard. Her world came crashing down as she continued crying.

"I'll be shipped out just like Norman, huh?"

Once she arrived, she closed the doors and fell down to her knees.

"What should I do?"

Fate, fate, fate, fate. Why is my fate like this?

She stayed in the library for most of the night, until a raven-haired boy saw her empty bed went to find her.

"{y/n}?" he called from the other side of the door. "Are you in here?"

{y/n} relaxed after hearing his voice. She stood up and opened the door.

"Why aren't you in your bed?" he scolded. "It's late you better—"

He saw tears fell down from the girl's eyes. He softened his expression as he made his way to comfort her.

"{y/n}, are you— what happened?" he asked, caressing her back.

"I-i'm so sorry."