𝟏 . 𝟒

Time flies so fast, doesn't it?

It has been... I don't know, 3 months since I've been here.

All I can say is, things definitely have gotten worse.

Well, yes. I have gotten stronger, but that doesn't mean the training got harder too.

The training was torturous. I had numerous near-death experiences while training if I wrote a book about it, it must be around 1,000 pages long. That's how many it was.

Today was just another day of training. Nothing new, nothing old.

Now, all I'm doing is to wait for Mr. Andrew—

Knock knock

Speak of the devil.

I stood up from my bed and opened the door. Andrew brought the plate of food and a new set of clothes.

"Good morning Andrew," I said. I brought my hand out and grabbed the tray of food. "You brought a lot of stuff today, what's with the occasion?"

"It's all in the note," he replied.

He quickly placed his hand in his pocket and brought out a piece of paper. He gave it to me and gestured for me to read. My eyes widen as I read the note.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

{y/n},
You have done such a great job these three months! Today, we'll be having something different— a mission.
You see, an escape occurred a few hours ago, from Grace Field, and the demons are having a search for the children.
I would like you to join it. It's a test, and actual training for you, please don't miss the opportunity.
Now yes, I know, {y/n}, you were from Grace Field, so you'll get to see some friendly faces again.
But don't forget about what your mission truly is. If you waver or side with them, you would have immediate death.

You would be with the fellow demons in this search. Please don't disappoint them, it took me a while to get them to agree for your sake.
Enjoy your mission, {y/n}.
— Peter Ratri

»»————- ♡ ————-««

My face filled with disgust. Me? Going on a mission with demons? Capturing my family?

"Any questions?" asked Andrew.

I gulped, "Well, what if they escaped on their own? And it's particularly not my fault?"

"Peter would not kill you, but he would make your training harsher," he replied. "Since it's your fault for letting them go."

I shrugged. This is a nightmare.

"What time would it be?" I continued.

"7:00 A.M."

I nodded. He quickly left the room and left me alone once again.

Placing my food and clothes at the desk, I sat down. I felt my heart pounding fast and my breathing was shallow. Panic overflowed every single inch of my body.