Chapter 40 A Story of Recruitment (part 2)

Start from the beginning

He raised his sword as high as he could as he looked at the child.

"I promise this will be painless" Sigma said as his sword glowed light blue.

Then he was impaled from behind by Sabrina as he fell to his knees. He looked at Sabrina with a shocked look in his face before collapsing to the floor.

"No more". "I am tired of killing" Sabrina said as she wiped off her sword. 

Sabrina look at the child and kneeled to her eye level.

"Come let me take you away from this nightmare" Sabrina said as she placed her hand on the child shoulder.

A few months later under the full moon on a small village, the same child is stand in front of a door as it opens. A young couple sees the child as they wondered where she came from as they invited her inside.

Sabrina stood at a nearby cliff as she watched the couple take the child in.

"My my you are a very interesting dark elf" a voice said surprising Sabrina as she quickly grabed her sword. 

"You betrayed your squad which will make you public enemy number one for all dark elves for a child of a target you had killed" Katherine said as she made her appearance known as she walked from the shadows into the moonlight.

"Here is my card". "If you ever want to disappear" Katherine said as she pulled out a card from her pocket and flung it to her.

Sabrina caught it and looked at it for a second before realizing that she is gone. She looked at the card with the address on it as she began to glow and disappear.

(Sabrina flashback end)

Sabrina tied her hair in a bun and began to clean up her mess as she picked up her stuff and went to refill her buckets.

Meanwhile Brasken is in the greenhouse collecting fruits and vegetables as he grabed them right off the trees, vine, and even right out of the ground. He put all the veggies and fruits in the basket on his back and as more and more piled on the heavier it got. It didn't affect Brasken at all as he collected more and more.

Then a bird flew and landed on top of  the greenhouse making a thud on the glass that alerted Brasken. The bird he saw was a small white bird with a white flower in its beak, and that brought back some memories. 

(Brasken Flashback)

Brasken sat in a dark, damp cell with a tiny window just up above. It let some light in as a small white bird sat in the window. Brasken sat in the dark in silence as he smiled as he watched the bird with glee. The bird then flew away when the sound of locks unlocking was sounded. Brasken turned around to see a few unknown figures whose appearance was hidden due to the darkness and the dim lights of the torches. They held chains as they walked towards Brasken.

"Come green skin time to earn your keep" one of the figures said as the chained Brasken up and walked him out of the cell.

They walked through the dimly lit hallway and after a few moments they unchained Brasken and pushed him into an enormous cage. A crowd cheered and yelled as Brasken faced another orc as a very loud voice yelled.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, creatures of all shapes and sizes". "Places your bets and find out who is the strongest of the green skins". "Brasken of east clan, or Rockefeller of the mountains". "Place your bets and lets get ready to fight..... TO THE DEATH" the voice yelled as the crowds began exchanges coins and other form of currency.

Brasken stood their scared as he shivered when the bell rung. The other orc charged at Brasken with fury as he stood there frightened. After a few minutes of fighting Rockefeller layed against the crater of a wall, dead as Brasken stood there with a few miner bruises and a fist covered in blood.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry please forgive me" Brasken cried as tears flowed from his face.

Guards came with their chains and began to chain up Brasken, and proceeded to escort him away. As they escorted Brasken the torches went out for just a moment. They then came back on as Katherine stood in front of Brasken. He then noticed he was unbound and all the guards were unconscious. 

"My my you must be Brasken". "Your strength is unrivaled amongst even the strongest of orcs, yet your heart is quite soft". "Here is my card, after all my master can supply you with everything you need" Katherine said.

"Um do I have to fight and kill". "I don't want to do that anymore". "I just want to go outside" Brasken said as he looked down.

"I promise no fighting and no killing". "Unless you count killing pest from our plants that are outside" Katherine said as she thought about the plants outside the mansion.

"Yes I would gladly work for your master then" Brasken said with a smile.

(Brasken Flashback end)

Brasken smiled from ear to ear as he gathered the fruits and veggies from the greenhouse and put them in the basket on his back.