Chapter 10 Question and Practice

"Raiden, Raiden, Raiden, RAIDEN" a voice yelled waking Raiden up.

"Where am I what happened" Raiden woke up in a shock.

"Raiden your awake thank goodness" a voice said as Raiden was immediately hugged and squeezed.

"Mom your squeezeing me" Raiden said as he looked around.

He was  in a large white room with multiple doctors and nurses tending to multiple people. He was near a window as he noticed that the other people were the homeless people that were in the pods. Of course his dad and brothers Brandon and Richard here.

"I leave Raiden in your care and you lose him and get him very injured" Raiden's mom yelled at her husband and two sons freighting them. 

"Mom its not their fault I snuck out on my own accord" Raiden said trying to protect his brothers and apparently father also.

"My boy its okay no need to defend them Raiden your older brother and dragon rider brother should know better" Raiden's mom said gently.

"Go get him some food" Raiden's mom yelled angrily at Raiden's dad and brothers.

The three scrambled to get some food for Raiden as they ran out of the room. Raiden's mom followed them as Raiden signed. Then Raiden laid back on his bed and turned only to be face to face with Flamous.

"Aaaaah" Raiden yelled in surprise as he fell backwards off of the bed.

He then climbed up and yelled in anger "Flamous what the hell do you think you are doing". "Are you trying to give me a heart attack".

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you". "Just figure I would pay you a visit since I was also responsible for keeping an eye on you" Flamous said.

"Well since you are here I wish to ask you something". "How did I get here" Raiden asked.

"Well a patrol officer who was looking for the missing homeless found where they were". "You were among them and well Brandon was informed". "You can guess the rest". "Now I want to know how you got to the slums in the first place" Flamous asked.

"I snuck out its as simple as that" Raiden said.

"The slums are over five miles away from the palace". "Plus you are crippled  you would have been found leaving the palace alone" Flamous said.

"My my digging deep into the mystery of how the cripple got five miles from the palace" Raiden said with a smirk.

"Now why is a dragon of your caliber so interested in a cripple like me" Raiden asked.

"Now who's the one digging" Flamous said.

The two stared at each other for a while as if studying each other. As they stared in silence waiting for one of them to move. Then a voice was heard calling Flamous away. Flamous although upset pushed his head out the window and left much to the enjoyment of Raiden.

Eventually Raiden's family came back with some food  and they all eat while enjoying their company. It came that time where visitor hours was at a close so Raiden's family left as Raiden spend the night. As Raiden spend the night he wondered about his psychic powers. He was intrigued by it and wondered why it caused him to bleed out every time he uses his powers.

He figured it was like working out. He is weak right now, but if he trained his mind he would be able to do more. Like exercising the body if the same rules apply. Plus with his encounter with this unseen and a fracture he needed to increase his psychic abilities. So throughout the night with his mind he lifted a cart a few inches every minute. When his nose began to bleed he took a break.

Once it stopped bleeding he would continue lifting the cart with his mind. He this until morning came when he stopped to avoid attention. The doctors although puzzled by the nose bleeds declared Raiden completely fine. So Raiden was released to his family as they went home. Once home Raiden got relaxed and continued practicing in secret as his parents helped do some things.