10

Gerard dropped me off at my house and I knocked on the door. "Hey Frank. What do you need?" Mom asked. "Just need to grab some stuff from my teen years. Just in case." I said. Mom nodded. "It's the same it was when you left." Mom said. I walked upstairs and she wasn't kidding. It was clean and all, but it was the same was I left it. I sat on the bed and looked at my posters. It all felt fake, like I was dreaming. I looked around the room and found my old suicide notes.
To whoever finds me;
This wasn't the way it was supposed to go, but it had to. He keeps haunting my mind. I can't get rid of him no matter how hard I try. I can't take it anymore. I'm in a better place now. Don't try to save me because it's useless. I'm sorry. So so sorry. I had to do it. If you were me you'd understand. My best wishes to you.
~Frank
The other ones were addressed to all my friends. And I saw Gerard's.
Gerard,
I saved yours for last. I couldn't handle it anymore. I tried to move on and live with a fake happiness, but I couldn't. I'm tired of pretending. I'm tired of being someone I'm not. I just wanted to let you know that I love you. I love you so fucking much that it physically hurts to be without you. I feel this emptiness in my chest. I need to do something. I fucked up for nothing. Lastly, I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry I had to leave you. Never forget me and remember me for who I was before I left. You deserve forever, not a boy looking for better. It's for the best. I love you and always will.
Your ex boyfriend,
Frank
I set down the notes and cried. Was I really gonna leave? I reread the notes and still realised I felt the same. Pills only work for a short amount of time. Than you have to face the reality that you're not okay and never will be. I found the empty bottle of pills on the table and I frowned at it. I really couldn't blame the pills for this, it was my own doing. "Frank? Are you okay?" I looked up and saw Gerard. "Yeah. I'm fine." I said. "You're a liar. Tell me." He said. "Just some shit from 10 years ago. Not like you'd need it." I said. He picked up the letters and read his. He was in tears. "Frankie. Why?" He said. He ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. "I wanna die. I hate myself." I said. He frowned. "That's unlike you." He said. "It's more like me than you know." I said. He stood up and looked around. "You never showed me your room." He said. "Nice isn't it?" I said. Gerard nodded. "You wanna know what else is nice?" He said. I didn't answer. "The fact you thought I cared." He said. "What are you talking about?" I said. He laughed. "You are so naive. I don't really care about you. I tricked you into thinking I cared just so I could crush you again." He said. He laughed a sinister laugh. "Gerard are you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine. But you? You're not." He replied. "What do you mean?" I asked. He looked at me. "You're not leaving here. You're gonna die here." He said. "What do you mean?" I said. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at me. "You're not going anywhere."