Chapter Twenty-One

•••

•••

They laid together, Autumn wrapped up in Finnick's arms. The thin sheets covered their naked bodies in the dark room. Finnick caressed the side of Autumn's face, his thumb running softly over her jaw and chin.

They stared at each other for many moments, only the noise of their breathing filling the room. Autumn shuffled closer to Finnick, although there wasn't much room left between them to begin with. She rested her head on his bare chest, her head laying right next to her cheek.

Finnick rested his chin on top of Autumn's head, holding her closer to his body. "I think I want four," Finnick spoke, a smile playing on his lips.

Autumn turned under the sheets, clasping her hands over Finnick's right pec and rested her chin on her hands, looking up at him through her eyelashes.

"Four what?" Autumn creased her eyebrows together.

Finnick looked down at her with a smirk. "Children."

Autumn's eyebrows lifted as a smile began to form. "I hope you're planning to birth a couple of them if you want four."

Finnick chuckled, shaking his head. "But think of it," he rested his head back on the pillow and looked at the ceiling. "Two boys and two girls. The first girl should be named Mags." Finnick then looked down at Autumn. "And the first boy named Tyson."

Autumn placed one hand on each of his shoulders, using them to pull herself up so her lips met his.

"Our daughters will be as beautiful and strong as their mother," he whispered as they parted.

"And the boys as handsome and kind as their father," Autumn smiled at him as she laid her head back down.

Autumn breathed out, her mind turning dark as she continued to think of the future. This one moment of bliss had distracted the couple to believe that their hardships were over.

Autumn had been rescued by the Capital and they were too be married soon. For Finnick, the worst that could happen to Autumn was over. In his mind, Autumn's death was impossible as he will never leave her side and never allow the chance of her demise. The only thing worse than the Capital taking Autumn was death taking Autumn.

But Autumn knew she couldn't protect Finnick. She would trade her life for his without a second thought, but she also knew she was weaker than Finnick. Or, at least, this is what she told herself. Autumn believed that she had nothing to offer as a soldier. She was just a small girl afraid of water. But she would do anything to keep Finnick alive.

"We have to finish this war first," Autumn spoke. "Then I promise we'll return to District Four and start our family."

Finnick nodded. "They're creating a group," He began to explain. "A group of victors. I think they're planning to storm the Capital. Soon."

Autumn looked at Finnick with fake alarm. "We better start planning the wedding!" Finnick laughed, nodding.

Autumn placed her head back down on his chest for the final time, her eye growing heavy. The two of them quickly fell asleep, wrapped in each other's arms.

•••

Autumn awoke the next day to find herself laying in the small bed alone. She got up, quickly, getting ready for the day by putting on the grey clothing of District Thirteen and making herself look presentable as the possible Mockingjay if Katniss was not to recover the bucket wound.

Autumn left the room to be bombarded by random citizens of District Thirteen, smiling at her and yelling a congratulations as they passed.

Autumn smiled back, confused as to why they were congratulating her. Autumn's only guess was because of the engagement, but she had no idea how it had gotten out so quickly.

Autumn decided to go visit Katniss in the hospital wing and ensure her recovery so she could take the Mockingjay position once again. The small girl walked into the hospital wing without being stopped for everyone knew who she was. She walked into the room reserved specifically for Katniss. One of the many perks as the Mockingjay is that you get your own recovery room.

She walked in to see Johanna sitting on the bed which Katniss was laying on. Autumn's eyes trailed the tube sticking out of Johanna's arm up to a machine next to Katniss's bed. Autumn instantly realized that Johanna was stealing Katniss's morphling.

"Well there she is!" Johanna spoke with slight mockery, but there was true happiness hidden in her voice. "Future Mrs. Odair! The bride to be."

Autumn shut the door behind her, walking up to the two girls. She walked around the bed to the other side of Katniss, sitting down. "How did you know?"

Johanna laughed. "Finnick has just about told the entire district."

"I'm very happy for you both," Katniss croaked to Autumn's surprise. Autumn smiled at her, placing her hand on Katniss's.

"Yeah, it'll be great," Johanna spoke as she stood up. "Except they'll turn it into a publicity stunt."

Autumn sighed. "Yeah, I assumed they'd want to record it. I assume they'll call Finnick and I in to discuss it."

"Either way, we'll be there," Johanna gave Autumn the best smile she could muster. Johanna then stood up from the bed and exited the room, leaving Katniss and Autumn alone.

Autumn stood up and walked to the other side of the bed, sitting back down. Autumn's eye was caught on the pearl that sat on Katniss's bedside stand. Autumn picked it up, admiring the pearl in her fingertips.

"I remember when Peeta gave you this," Autumn smiled before she put it back down. "He didn't even look at the pearl. Just at you."

"They showed him the video from District Two," Katniss spoke in a raspy voice. "Haymitch wants me to talk to him. I don't want to go alone."

"Do you want me to come?" Autumn asked. "He trusts me." Katniss looked up at Autumn with sad eyes. And for the first time, Autumn saw Katniss's hard exterior crumble down. She nodded.

Author's Note:

I'm getting a LOT of comments begging me not to kill Finnick in this series (I'm not say I am and I'm not saying I won't). I'm simply curious, does anyone here want me too kill him? Just wondering! I hope to be updating more often so more chapters coming soon!