Chapter 17: What does this all mean?

Start from the beginning

"I love that, people like you are what's right about the world Percy, you're the most amazing person I know."

"I'm not sure that would make me the most amazing person, but thank you, it means a lot that you said that."

"Honestly, it's not just that, it's hard to explain, but believe me when I say that you're an amazing person. And, it looks like we're here, and a little late."

"It was worth it for the conversation." I say, as we walk into the café to the table where the teachers are.

"And so they've finally arrived." One of the teachers says as we walk over to them, "I don't suppose we've met yet, Mr Jackson, I'm Chris Beckett."

"Nice to meet you Chris, I'm Percy." All of the teachers introduce themselves to me.

"So, Percy," One of them starts, "What's with the no technology policy then?"

Later that day...

Mimi's POV:

"So, what did you guys want to show us?" Ondina asks as we meet up with Zac, Cam, Carly, and Evie. They texted us that they had something to show us, and not much else. So naturally Ondina, Pearl, and I really want to know what they have.

"Well, here it is," Zac says, and pulls a mechanical pencil.

"That's it?" Pearl asks, voicing everyone else's opinions.

"Wait and see..." Evie says as Zac removes the eraser from the top of the pencil, which somehow transforms the pencil into something I would never expect: the Trident.

"What? How did a pencil become the Trident? Where did you find it?" I ask.

"Outside of Mr Jackson's classroom. But before we talk about that, there was also this bronze pen that turned into a glowing sword that no one else could see."

"Do you think they're his?" Pearl asks.

"Wait- I know for sure that the pen is his-" Carly starts, "Remember that first lesson where he kept playing with a pen? That was the pen! Which means that the Trident is most likely his too!"

"Where's the pen now then?" Ondina asks.

Just as Zac is about to tell us what happened to the pen, the Trident disappears right in front of us, as if it were never there. "That." Cam says.

"So, Mr Jackson most likely has the Trident, and carries a sword disguised as a pen with him all the time. What does this mean?" Pearl asks.

"Well, he has the Trident, and he will most likely know that he has it, so he has to know about mermaids, which means he could know about us." I say.

"He's also most likely the merman you saw with the Trident for the first time on Mako, that you thought was me from a distance."

I remember when I first saw that merman, who is most likely Mr Jackson, on Mako. I thought it was Zac and I was so mad at him for not telling me. I also remember this merman being really in control of the water and Trident, he looked so powerful, it almost didn't feel real when I found out it wasn't Zac- I thought I'd imagined the whole thing at first. Having found the Trident proves that I really did see someone use it on Mako. I am surprised though, Mr Jackson didn't even come into my mind as the merman with the Trident, I know I only met him that once on the beach, but he seemed like a normal adult who loved the ocean. The only thing I was worried about was that he was a marine biology teacher, so if he found out about us, there could have been trouble. I can't believe he could actually be a merman! "When I saw him around Mako, he seemed to be really powerful, it was like he could command the whole ocean." I tell the others.