A Potential Threat

"Why are you here?" Sophia asked in a cold manner. The girl took a seat next to JJ. Prentiss took a big breath and then said, "It's time I come clean."
"About fourteen years ago, I was working for Interpol. My team and I, we profiled terrorists. During this one case, I had to go undercover to catch the unsub. I went in as Lauren Reynolds to try and get an arms dealer named Ian Doyle. He was a former IRA Captian who went freelance."
"What did you do?" Sophia asked curiously even though she's heard this story before just an hour ago.
"My job was to get close to him so he'd give me information," Prentiss said full of shame.
"Wait, what does this have to do with me?" the kid asked to see if her mother would lie.
"Long story short, I found out I was pregnant while I was with Ian, so we had to end the mission early," Prentiss stated.
"What did he say when he found out?" Sophia asked.
"He didn't," Emily said.
"What?"
"I couldn't tell him," Prentiss tried to explain.
"What, why?"
"He wasn't father material, trust me," Emily told her.
"How would you know, you never gave him a chance," Sophia said back.
"Don't turn this on me. I'm not the bad guy here. Ian Doyle is. He's done terrible things that I can't even begin to tell you about. You need to understand that I didn't tell him about you for a reason."
"So what? I get no connection with my father. I'll never know who he is?" Sophia asked.
"Soph-"
"How long were you with him?" the kid asked.
"I lived with him for like a year when I was undercover."
"How can I trust you then?"
"What do you mean? Sophia I would never-"
"No, you were trained to lie and deceive how can I know you're always truthfully with me?"
"Sophia, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I'm telling you everything you need to know."
"Would you let me meet him?" Sophia wanted to know.
JJ and Garcia both glanced at each other and Sophia noticed.
"Listen, there are a lot of things I'd do for you, but bringing him into your life isn't one of them. Besides-"
"But Emily-"
"Sophia, he wasn't a good man."
"Wasn't?" the girl asked.
The room fell silent.
"What?"
"You said he wasn't, implying that he's dead."
"He died about six years ago. I'm really sorry," Prentiss told her.
"How did he die?"
Emily gulped and looked at JJ who looked down.
"About six years ago, Doyle escaped prison. So the team tracked him down and brought him in. An enemy of Ian took something special from him and used it against Doyle and that's exactly what I didn't want happening to you," Emily explained.
"So what happened to Ian?"
"We made a deal with Doyle's enemy to save the life of an innocent young boy."
"You just handed my dad over?" Sophia asked getting a little upset.
"Doyle was shot, but the child survived," Prentiss said, ignoring her kids question.
"Emily, how could you let that happen?" Sophia wanted to know.
"We weren't going to let them actually take Doyle. They wouldn't get that far-"
"But still. I lost my dad. He didn't even know I existed," Sophia said in defeat.
"Knowing you wouldn't have change anything, a child couldn't change him," Prentiss argued.
"You don't know that."
"Yes I do," Emily said.
"Why are you here anyways?" the kid wanted to know.
"The people who worked with Doyle have escaped prison and are looking for revenge," Prentiss explained.
"Doyle didn't even know I existed. How would the people he worked with know about me?" Sophia asked.
"I don't know. But they are very smart people. Four 13-year old girls, brown hair and brown eyes were abducted and killed in New York, Massachusetts, Virginia and the closest being in DC. They were left with a four leaf clover brand on their stomach. Sophia this is how we know they're after you. All four girls look like you and are around your age. Some of the men were spotted in the states all around."
Garcia turned the tv on that was in the room which had pictures of Doyle and his associates and their names under the pictures.
Instantly Sophia recognized Chuck Murry. Everyone noticed her reaction to the pictures. She looked closely and could see he had a list of alias, one being Chuck Murry.
"What is it? Do you recognize someone? Did someone approach you Sophia?" JJ asked.
"No, I just... Do I look like him?" Sophia asked.
"You're a perfect mix of your parents," Garcia said with a smile.
"So what happens now?" Sophia asked.
"Well the team is going to try and track down the people who worked for Doyle and most importantly keep you safe. One was allegedly seen in DC," Emily explained.
Prentiss printed out a copy of the people with their names and faces for Sophia.
"If you see any of these people you have to let one of us know immediately. You could be in danger."
"What about Declan?" Morgan asked.
"He's gone missing," Prentiss told him.
"That's how I found out all of this was going on. We're tracking down the bad guys and looking for Declan at the same time," Emily explained.
"Declan?" Sophia asked her mother.
"He's your half brother," Prentiss replied.
"So I'm next?" Sophia asked.
"No. We're going to keep you safe. I promise," Emily told her sincerely.
"You're going to be under house arrest for a while. Sorry kiddo," JJ told her.
"What about school?" Sophia asked.
"I'm going to tutor you so you don't fall behind," Reid told her.
"Are they that dangerous?" Sophia wanted to know.
"I'm not taking any chances with you," Prentiss told her.

Rossi invited Emily to stay with him while they looked for Declan.
That night after dinner, Sophia was alone in her room she felt like someone was watching her so she got up to make sure he window was locked. When she did so, she could've sworn the black SUV that belonged to Chuck Murry was parked down the street.

It's been a week since Emily returned. Sophia was bored out of her mind and she was dying to get out of the BAU's clutches. It was her friend Danielle's birthday the next day and she was invited to her party.
"Please JJ. It's just a small dinner at her house. It won't be dangerous," Sophia begged.
"No, I don't care. I'm not taking any chances with you," JJ said sternly.
"But-"
"No buts," JJ interrupted her.
"Ugh this sucks. It's not fair," Sophia said and stormed off.
"Hey. Better safe than sorry," JJ called out.

The next day, after dinner Sophia went up to shower and go to bed. After she showered, she texted Danielle and apologized for missing her birthday dinner. Danielle told her not to worry and that her and some friends were going to catch a movie that Friday night if Sophia wanted to go. It was a nine o'clock movie so Sophia was sure she could sneak out.