Home

In no time, the jet arrived in DC and when it landed, everyone shuffled off and back into the BAU.
Sophia followed JJ silently off the plane and into the building.
The whole team rode the elevator up to the sixth floor only to find Garcia standing, waiting for them.
Right when the doors opened, everyone stepped out and Penelope searched for the child she'd been dying to meet.
JJ could tell her friend was anxious, so she stepped aside so Penelope could see the girl shadowing her.
Instantly the blonde's jaw dropped.
"Hi," Sophia said with a little wave.
Penelope walked up and pulled Sophia into a big hug.
The kid looked up at JJ with scared eyes. She hasn't had someone hug her in ages.
"Okay, let's let her breathe," JJ said jokingly and put her hand on Garcia's back.
Penelope pulled back and then looked at the girl carefully.
"Oh my god, it's like looking at a mini Prentiss," she breathed out.
Sophia looked confused and gave her a weird look.
"Emily Prentiss was a friend of ours that used to work with us," JJ explained.
"Oh," Sophia said.
"You see it too, right?" Penelope asked and turned around.
The team just kind of shrugged. Except for Reid.
"The similarity in their face is undeniable, but the chances of them-" he was starting to ramble.
"Okay Reid, I didn't need a whole explanation. A simple yes would suffice," Penelope cut him off.
Sophia was so tense and nervous, everyone could tell.
"I think it's time for everyone to head home," Hotch stated.
"Yeah, enjoy the weekend," Rossi said and walked off to his office to grab a few things.
"Are you ready to go home?" JJ asked Sophia.
"Nope," the girl replied bluntly.
JJ smiled and the two of them got back into the elevator with Garcia and went out to their cars.
The whole car ride, JJ talked to Sophia about how they would figure out schooling tomorrow, and how she could redo the guest room however she liked it. It was painted gray at the moment with nothing in it, but a bed and dresser.

Soon enough, Jennifer pulled up to her house.
"Home sweet home," she said a bit nervously and got out. Sophia followed her inside and Will, Henry and Michael were sitting on the couch waiting.
"Mommy!" Henry screamed and jumped up to hug his mother. JJ caught him and showered his head with kisses as she held him in her arms. Then Will stood up with Michael and went over to greet his wife.
"It's great to have you back," he stated.
She smiled at him and placed a quick kiss on his lips.
"And who might this be?" Will asked looking down at Sophia. He and JJ had talked on the phone about her and how they would be taking care of her for a while.
"This is Sophia," Jennifer said and put her arm around the girl.
The child instantly got stiff and both adults noticed.
"Well, I'm glad you came to stay with us," Will said sincerely with a smile.
"Do you want to play with me?" Henry asked hopefully and tugged on Sophia's arm.
The girl looked up at JJ, unsure of what to do.
"Honey, Sophia has had a long day. We should let her rest for now. I'm sure she will want to play with you tomorrow," JJ said.
Henry nodded sadly.
"Why don't you show Sophia her room and I'll get the boys ready for dinner," Will offered.
JJ nodded and watched as Will walked off with Michael and Henry.
Sophia let out the breath she was holding and followed Jennifer to her room.
"This is your room. Don't worry, we'll make it more personal like I said. Penelope and I will take you shopping tomorrow," JJ said.
Sophia looked around then gave JJ a small smile and said,
"Thank you, for everything."
Jennifer returned the smile and said,
"If you need anything, Will and I are here for you," JJ said and looked down at the child. Sophia looked up and nodded.
"You're clothes and things should be arriving sometime in the next few days so that could make you feel more at home."
Sophia just stared at JJ, not saying anything.
"Okay, I'm going to let you get settled," the woman said and walked out, shutting the door quietly.
Sophia walked around for a bit and looked through her new room.
Then, she got into the bed, rolled over and closed her eyes.
An hour later, JJ knocked on Sophia's door to see if she was ready for dinner. Will promised Henry they could get pizza once JJ got back.
When Sophia didn't answer the door, JJ opened it to find the child curled up in a ball fast asleep.
Carefully, she walked over to wake the kid up.
"Sophia," JJ said softly and touched her arm.
The girl jolted awake and stared at JJ with so much fear in her eyes it even scared the blonde herself.
"I'm sorry," Jennifer said and pulled her hand back.
Sophia sat up quickly.
"We're going out for pizza. Is that okay?" JJ asked.
"Am I staying here?" Sophia wanted to know.
"No, we're all going for dinner. Come on," JJ said and urged the girl to get up.
Sophia nodded and followed JJ downstairs.
Will already had the boys in the car all ready to go. Sophia got in the car and sat in the middle row with Michael. Henry was in the way back, reading a little picture book.

When they arrived at the pizza place, JJ took the kids to find a seat, and Sophia went with Will to order the food.
Jennifer wanted Sophia to get comfortable with Will so she sent her off with him.
"What do you want to eat? You don't have to have pizza. They also have pasta and salads," the southern man said.
"Pizza is fine," Sophia said quietly with a small smile.
"Are you okay?" he asked full of concern. Sophia gave him a weird look. This is the first time she's been in a foster home where everyone around her was nice and caring. She wasn't used to it, so she didn't really know how to act.
"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little tired," she lied and looked away.
"Okay, but if anything comes up, you can come to me or Jennifer and we'll talk."
Sophia nodded.
"What kind of pizza do you want?" he asked.
"Plain is fine," she told him.
Will ordered a large plain pizza and then headed back to the booth with Sophia.
Will, JJ and Michael sat on one side, while Henry and Sophia sat on the other.
"So, where are Sophia's mommy and daddy?" Henry asked aloud.
Will shot the boy a look. Sophia just looked at JJ and didn't know what to tell him.
"Sophia's parents wanted us to take care of her for them, because they aren't able to right now," JJ tried to explain.
"Where are they though?" Henry wanted to know.
"I don't know," Sophia told him.
The boy looked up at the brunette and said,
"How long are you staying with us?"
"I'm not sure," Sophia replied truthfully and took a sip of her Gatorade.
Before Henry could ask another question, Will asked her one.
"What grade are you in?"
"Umm seventh probably," she responded with.
"We're going to sign you up for school this weekend and you'll start next week sometime."
"Great," she said sarcastically.
"Is she going to same school as me?" Henry asked excitedly.
"She's going to go to the middle school, but it'll be right next to yours," JJ explained.
"So we could take the bus together?" he asked.
JJ nodded.
"Will you sit with me?" Henry asked hopefully.
"Sure," Sophia said.
Henry smiled at her.
Finally the pizza arrived and everyone dug in.