"I feel like you're trying to tell me something."

Felix rolled his eyes. "See you later." The two of them darted into the forest without a trace. I didn't follow. I was thoroughly freaked out.

I booked it for the garage, plowed down the driveway and toward Minho's house.

~ * ~

I couldn't be sure, but I suspected Minho had been waiting for me. It was barely five seconds after I parked that he was skipping down the steps, a big smile on his face.

He swung into the passenger seat. "Hey."

The anxiety faded out of focus. "Hey."

"Guess what happened."

The anxiety was back. Did his news have anything to do with Felix's vision? I pulled into the street, trying to hide a grimace.

"What happened?"

"I came out to my dad."

I was more than a little relieved. For Minho's freedom — however much freedom he had gained from his talk with Charlie — plus, maybe he had mentioned me, where we'd be in a few days.

"That's awesome!" I held out my hand and he slapped it. "How'd it happen?"

"Apparently there are rumours going around about me." He was proud. Weirdo.

"I've heard those."

"You what?"

"'Chief Swan's kid is gay' — that kind of thing." I left out all the scary, ugly ones, the cruel words and thoughts.

"Well, Charlie heard one of them." Minho's eyes crept in my direction, his lips turned up. "Are you a part of the rumours?"

"Some. Those are localized at school."

"Charlie didn't seem to know about you" — another quick smile — "but he was asking if I had a boyfriend."

Act natural, act natural, control your squeaky voice. "What did you tell him?"

"I said I had a 'something, but I don't think he's a date.' Happy?"

"Maybe. Did you tell him about Seattle?"

"No, not yet."

"It has to be some time, I'm begging you."

"We'll see what happens."

"Or you could just do it."

"Or I could just not."

"Minho."

"Look, I'll think about it. I need to think it through."

"Fine." I smiled a wicked smile. "I'm glad you finally understand Port Angeles wasn't a date."

"No, I said you weren't a date. I'm still pretty sure that was a date."

"You're incorrigible."

"You're in denial."

It was annoying how we were both right.

We got out of the car and headed for his first class.

"We're gonna start dating at some point, you know," he said.

"We will not."

"Here's why I think we will."

"Don't list."

"I'm gonna list." He took a big suck of air. "One, you said you think about me all night, every night. That leads me to believe you like me."