road trip

A year later the kids are about 6

"Guys get your asses in the car." I yelled as we were already late. I have a show in the next state so me and Lexie thought it would be fun to take the kids on a road trip there. Riley was very happy as they'd get to miss school Bella wasn't thrilled about leaving her friends but came round to the idea. Lexie walked out of the house Bella holding her hand. Then Riley came running over to me. "Mommy can you sing us a song?" He asked as I bucked him into his car seat. "Please?" Bella added. Lexie smiled at me and nodded her head. "Fine let's get going first." I replied. We only got to the end of are street before they started asking again. I started singing there favourite song and they sat in silence to listen.
2 hour later
"Did you enjoy your lunch?" Lexie asked as the kids put there food back in the bags. "Yes." Riley answered sounding sleepy. Soon he was fast asleep. Bella was looking sad. It's cute how much she loves her friends.
"What are you two doing in school?" I asked trying to distract her.
"We learnt about babies." Replied Bella. "Mommy how come we don't have a daddy?" She asked.
"Umm well we don't need one." I said not sure how to respond.
"But how did you have us then? My friend said that mommy's and daddy's do something called sex and then you have a baby." Bella said.
I am very uncomfortable. What am I supposed to say. They are not old enough to know about sex. I looked over at Lexie for help and she's fucking sleeping. That girl.
"My friend said that you need at mommy and daddy when I said I don't have a dad." Bella said.
"Umm we did it the hard way." I said truthfully. That shit ain't cheap.
"Why don't you rest you're gonna be tired later." I said trying to end the conversation. Lucky that worked and I was left in silence as my beautiful family slept around me.

A/N I just started a new school so I'll probably be able to write more
Also I'm going to see Billie!!!!!! I'm so excited fuckkkk