The next morning 

Billie's POV 

"Good morning beautiful." I Said placing a kiss on Lexie's cheek she sighed and turned to face me. "I love you Billie." She Said kissing my hand. "I love me." I Said smiling at her. She lightly shoved my shoulder and turned to grab her phone. I did the same wanting to see how people reacted to my story. I had hundreds of notifications. This will probably take a while. The first few I saw were people being happy for us. Suddenly I found lots of people saying that it was a great joke. Lots of them were saying how they believed it for a minute but then got the joke. I don't. I have no idea what people are talking about. Until I saw a post about how this was on of the best April fools they had seen. I checked the date to see it was indeed April 2. I'm not good with dates. That is probably why none of my family had said anything. "Babe, just to be sure you definitely weren't joking." Lexie said looking worried. "No, I didn't even realise." I Said laughing at how odd this all was. There were news articles  about it. People really don't believe us. I probably should call my family and tell them I'm not joking but we are having dinner at Finneas's tomorrow so I'll just do it then. 

The next evening

We arrived at Finneas's a bit late so everyone was already there.  "Lexie, Billie late as ever." Finneas Said opening the door. We joined everyone at the table and started to eat. It didn't take long for the topic of my 'April fools joke' to be discussed. We both stayed quite glancing at each other. I grabbed Lexie's hand and she smiled at me as if to say 'go for it'. "Umm about that." I Said and everyone looked at me. "Well it isn't actually a joke." I Said looking over at my beautiful fiancé. "What?" My mom said shocked. Lexie showed her the ring and everyone looked at us amazed. "Why didn't you wait until the next day to tell people? We might have actually believed you. And why didn't you tell us first?" Finneas Said looking at me like I was stupid. "I wasn't really thinking and I don't pay attention to dates." I Said smiling at the face he was making. After that his mood shifted.  "That's not fair my little sister can't get married before me." He jokingly said smiling at us. "Oh, can I tell Claudia? She'll be so excited for you two." He asked smiling at the thought of her. I nodded at him and he seemed to lighten at the idea of seeing her. They are really cute together.

 Everyone seemed really happy for us. Lexie was glowing with happiness. I love seeing her like that. We told them most of what happened. We made it seem more that she wanted to know what was happening rather then us having a fight. I was obvious that I didn't want to do it like that but kinda had to tho. My mom started crying when we were talking about having to plan the hole thing. "I just never thought I'd see my daughter getting married." She Said wiping  her eyes. It's a shame my dad can't be here. He moved away a few years ago. He lives in a small village in Norway. Honestly it's perfect for him. I miss him sometimes. Not having a dad can be hard even though he is still alive I hardly see him. It's lonely sometimes.I love my mom. I really do. She's so sweet and supportive. But sometimes I just miss him. Lexie spoke pulling me out of my thoughts. "I'm mostly excited to see Billie in a dress." She said smirking at me. I kinda forgot what I was thinking about and was put back in a happy mood. Just the thought of marrying Lexie makes me smile "Nope. No. Not happening. I'm not doing that." I Said seriously. "Well, you can at lest try them on." She said smiling at my reaction. "For me?" She wisperd kissing my cheek. "Fine. Anything for you." I wisperd back holding her hand in mine and softly rubbing it. "I love you." I wisperd in her ear as my mom and brother started talking about something else. "I love you too." She wisperd back casing me to blush a little.  

I can't wait to marry this girl. 

A/N: Sorry this is sort and kinda trash. Hopefully it will get better soon. I just need to move the story along. Also sorry if you don't like the 'joke' part. I didn't like everyone immediately knowing so I did that. 🤷🏻‍♀️