Chapter 2: A Stange New World Part 2

"Special? How special is a necklace?" Asked King, wagging his tail back and forth. "It looks like a normal necklace to me." King tapped it and jumped into Luz's arms.

Dr. Wolf chuckled. "It may look normal to you, but it is special." He spotted a cup of water on the table. "Just watch this." His eyes glowed blue and the water floated out of the cup and swirled around Luz and Eda.

Luz gasped. Her excitement went through the roof. She had never seen anything like it before. "That's so cool! You have powers!" She hugged Dr. Wolf again. "How long have you had powers?"

Dr. Wolf smiled. "I've had for a year. It's been so long since I got the necklace. It's why I have these powers." He looked at his hand. "I miss my friends, though. I have a realm to protect but I can't get home." Dr. Wolf sat down and buried his face in his knees.

Luz saw the sadness in Dr. Wolf. She couldn't go home until she became a full fledged witch. She patted Dr. Wolf on the shoulder. "Well, you can stay with us for the mean time. We might need someone like you to fight off those guards."

Dr. Wolf lifted up his head and looked at Luz. "But, I barely know anything about the Boiling Isles. Where do I even start?"

Luz thought for a moment and smiled. "Well, you can start by making some friends. And you got three of them right now." Dr. Wolf looked at Luz and smiled. "And I can show you around the Boiling Isles when your knee is healed."

Dr. Wolf moved his knee and winced. "Do you have any crutches? I can use those to get around until my knee is better." Luz nodded and grabbed two crutches from the closet and gave them to Dr. Wolf. He got up and grabbed them, standing on one leg.

"So, you ready?" Asked Luz. Dr. Wolf nodded. Luz grabbed Eda's owl staff and sat on it. She patted behind her. "Get on." Dr. Wolf limped over, leaving his crutches behind. "Hold on tight."

The owl on the staff hooted and took off. Dr. Wolf screamed as they flew through an open window. He clenched his hands tight onto the flying staff. "Warn me next time!"

Luz chuckled nervously. "Sorry. Should have said something about the staff. But anyway, This the Boiling Isles where every myth of my world leaks into this world." A griffon that Dr. Wolf saw earlier flew by them.

"A griffon. We have griffons in my world too." Said Dr. Wolf. The griffon opened its mouth, letting out a stream of spiders. "Except they don't do that."

"Yep. Kinda cool, right?" Said Luz, smiling. Dr. Wolf shook his head and was kinda freaked out. "Yeah, it's freaky. But, we have vampires, sheep, dragons, giraffes."

"Girrafes? Why would the Boiling Isles have girrafes?" Asked Dr. Wolf.

"Eda says it's because they're freaky. I guess the people here never seen an animal stretch their neck before." Explained Luz. She pointed to a building." And that's Hexcide, the best magic school. It's where I go so I can become a witch."

Dr. Wolf smiled as they stopped over the school. Students piled out and made Dr. Wolf feel more welcome inside. He sighed. "Thank you, Luz. I guess I have to live in this world for now. I just don't know what I'll do without my lady."

"Your lady? You mean your wife?" Asked Luz. Dr. Wolf nodded. "Well, whatever your wife is doing right now, I'm sure she's fine."

Dr. Wolf looked at the sunset. "You sure? She's probably worried sick about me." He looked at Luz. He saw a book in her hoodie. "What's that in your hood?"

"Oh! This is my book. It's called "The Good Witch, Azura". I like having fantasies when I read something like this." Said Luz. She placed it in her messenger bag.

"Then how come you're here in the Boiling Isles and not with your family?" Asked Dr. Wolf. "I'm pretty sure your mom is worried about you."

Luz sighed. "She doesn't know I'm here. I was supposed to go to summer camp, but I came here instead." She looked at the pamphlet in her hand. "I didn't fit in back home either. Kids stuck to their own things, while I'm the only weird one around. You get me, right?"

Dr. Wolf nodded. "Yes. I used to be just like you when I first arrived at the town in my world. Seeing a baby dragon was one thing, but a wolf is different." He looked at his necklace. "I barely know anything about the Elemental Wolf or it's ancestors. I'm just scared to look for answers."

Luz watched as Dr. Wolf clenched his necklace. "Well, until we can get you back home, maybe we can be weird together." Dr. Wold smiled and hugged Luz.

Suddenly, they heard a loud boom. Dr. Wolf looked down to see a fire in town. "Luz, bring me down there!"

"What?! Are you insane?! It'll be impossible to put out that big of a fire!" Said Luz. "We're getting help!"

Dr. Wolf grabbed Luz's arm. "You saw my powers earlier. Now, it's time to show you what they can really do. Can you trust me?" Luz thought for a moment and nodded. "Good. Now, bring me down there."

Luz brought Dr. Wolf down and he transformed into his fire form. "Woah! You have other forms?" Dr. Wolf nodded and ran into the fire. He lifted up heavy debris and moved wood from getting burnt. He breathed heavily as he carried out wagons and barrels from the fire.

Luz smiled as she watched Dr. Wolf transform into his water form. He raised his hand in the sky and thrusted it forward, shooting water from his palm. The fire was put out and everything was back to normal, sort of.

Dr. Wolf looked around the area. "What caused this part of town to catch on fire? Do you know anything, Luz?"

Luz thought for a moment and gasped. "We have to go. We can't let him find you." She grabbed Dr. Wolf's arm and dragged him along.

"Him? Who's him?" Asked Dr. Wolf, worried.

"Warden Rath." Said Luz, grabbing the Owl Staff.

To be continued...

Hello! Welcome! Sorry for the delay. But this will make it up to you guys. Bye!