Questions

Because I did write this speech for my GCSE English Speaking assessment I did have to present it infront of my class and answer some questions after. Here are a few of them just to give you some information:

What is Amnesty International?
Amnesty International is a global organisation that support human rights. They set up both small and large scale operations to help those in need.

What was the situation before abortion were legalised?
There were many different alternatives to abortions before they became legalized. The majority of which where high risk. One example would be, backstreet abortions with unsanitary equipment that could lead to infection and disease.

At what stage in the pregnancy can you no longer get a abortion in the UK?
The UK law states that after 24 weeks you can no longer get an abortion unless you doctor has specifically stated that the pregnancy poses as a risk to your health or there is a high possiblity that the child will not survive.

What constitutes abotions in the UK?
There are many factors that can constitute abortions such as the mother's financial and mental stability. If you the family is seen as unstable the child can be aborted or put up for adoption or in some extreme cases the child is taken away after birth. Along side this both the mother and the feutus' health are taken into account. If the pregnancy can be interpreted as a risk to either person the pregnancy can be terminated.