The Magic is in the Teacher

I woke up that morning, still reeling from the strange and unusual dream of me being a vampire.  How many slayers have had a dream like this before?  Buffy never did and I feel like this is only something that could happen to me.  Vampires are, of course, the slayers natural enemy, except for what happened with Buffy and Angel and Spike.  And she got the councelor job!  Crazy woman, whatever anyways.  I brush it off, write it all down in my notebook for later, just in case.  I then headed to school.

I got to school and looked at my new first period class, Cyber Hacking and Ethics - Rosenberg - Lab 5.  I couldn't belive that I have her as a teacher, along with my watcher and Buffy's old watcher.  After re-reading who the principal was, he was the guy in the new sucked-into-the-Hellmouth Sunnydale High.  I walk in to class, only about eight other students were there, six girls and two other guys.

"Well hi there Mark!" Willow said.  "You ready to learn about the cyber world?  And a little bit of my hacking skills?" She winked at me.  OF COURSE I'M READY!

"Yes I am," I responded.  The bell rang and I took a seat at one of the computers.  Little did I know, I was sitting next to a really beautiful girl.  I put my pencil pouch and "accidentally" knocked it over in her direction.  "Oh!  I'm so so so sorry"

"It's ok," the girl responded, "here let me help.  My name is Dawn."

"Hi, thanks," I responded, "my name is Mark."  We both looked at each other strangely.  Then I noticed Willow was looking at me.  As she said "are you the guy slayer?" I said, "are you Buffy's sister?"

"Well class," Willow started, " this first quarter of the second semester will be focused on cyber ethics.  The second quarter will be about hacking and technologies to prevent and increase hacking capabilaties.  If you can, please log onto your student accounts and go to my folder and get the 'Cyber Ethics' quiz, but get part one please.  Part two will be done at the end of the quarter."

"Yes," I told Dawn, "I am the new slayer."

"Yes," she responded in a semi-regretful tone, "Councelor Summers is my sister.  And I know that she's your councelor, Mark."

It was strange that only yesterday I found out I was a slayer, today I met only one person who knew.  Then I noticed that the rest of the girls were looking at me.  Dawn passed me a note:

"All the girls, besides me, are the slayers.  Except for that one in the back corner, Alicia, shes a newbie wiccan in training.  The guys, they know all about us, they're hackers like Willow.  It's not coincidence that you're in this class, this one period is reserved for us."

"Will...I mean...ignore that.  Willow, if everyone here..." she interrupted me.

"Guys, it's time to introduce you to Mark, the first male slayer."

Everyone started saying hello and went back to their quizzes, so I started mine, along with Dawn.  Boy was she beautiful; I couldn't keep her out of my head.  It was the end of class.

"Okay you guys, please drop your quizzes into my inbox on the G: drive so I can read them,"  Willow told us.  "Remember to put your first AND LAST names on these so they can be graded.  It's a participation grade unless you put rediculous answers like 'IDK' or 'wtf is this crap?'"

As I started walking out the door, Willow stopped me.

"I know you have a free period next, and so do I," she said, "let's go into my office."  She closes the door and pulls the blind down.  "It's time for your first lesson."

"In witchcraft?"  Of course witchcraft, what am I, stupid?

"Yes, but for today, we will be calling upon the elements: Earth, Air, Fire, and Water."  She sits us down and pours sand in a circle around us, purifying the ground.  "Breath in and out slowly, use the energy from the Earth so your lifeforce isn't extinguished."  I close my eyes and she tells me, "repeat the words as I say them, but open your eyes first.  Just know, this spell is going to be in Latin and not English."  I open them, she starts the spell, "Terrae, aeris, ignis, aqua."

"Terrae, aeris, ignis, aqua."

"Veniat ad me et me circuitu."

"Videam te.  Ad me!"

"Videam te.  Ad me!"  Just then, a light flashes and suddenly,  I see four orbs, one of each element.

"Good job,"  Willow started.  "Now, don't lose concentration!"

I kept my concentration in tact for this.  I had magical powers!  I couldn't believe it, not only was I a male slayer, and apparently the first one, I was also a witch!  "This is awesome!  Is there anything we can do with this?"

"Well, we can try and make a floating piece of rock and try and create a tree."

"Yes!"  When I said that, Willow smiled, but Giles walked in the door with Buffy.

"Willow I," Giles said, he paused, "Mark, what are you doing?"

"I'm practicing," I told Giles, "I can feel I have these powers."

"You have to end it, Mark, or something could go wrong," Willow said.

"Curis end," I said, and the orbs disappeared.

"How did you know that was it?" Willow asked.

"You said it!"

"No she didn't," Buffy said.

"Yes she did!" I replied.

"I thought it but I didn't say it." She said.  "Unless, you can hear thoughts."

"Nah," I told her, "I knew what 'end the spell' was.  I saw your spell book and translated the Latin."

She was relieved.

"I forbid you from doing anymore magic," Giles shouted.  "Willow, don't teach him anything else!  I need to take it up with the Watchers Council and see if it's alright that he's learning magic.  Oh god they already know, I'm so screwed."

As Giles walked out, Buffy said "It's ok, he's just a little crabby is all."

Willow waved her hand and Giles came running in, "No messing with my pants!"

"Sorry, Just had to do that!" She started laughing, along with me and Buffy.

"The magic is in the teacher," I told Willow, and she smiled.  I then headed to the library to do some research during my study hall.  I thought to myself, "that would be cool if I could learn what she knows."  Just then, a note appeared on the books in my hands and it said "don't forget, the Earth's energy is good to use, don't concentrate on your own energy."

-------------------------

[A/N]

Please comment/vote/fan/suggest to other people!  I need to know if you guys like this stuff!

~T