Harder Than We Thought

Morning came and everyone got out of their tents.

Branch and Poppy, already awake, was making breakfast for all of them.

"Morning Guys!" Poppy greeted as she gave them each a quick hug.

The snack pack, each returning her hugs, greeted Poppy and Branch a good morning.

"Yeah, morning." Branch breathed out focused on what he was cooking, meanwhile Poppy suddenly squealed, earning a good groan from Branch and confused looks from the snack pack.

"Whats UUUUuuuuPPPP?" Guy asked with auto tune.

"Nothing!" Poppy forcefully said as she put her hands together and swayed a bit, sneaking a glance at Branch before squealing, "Branch and I got together!"

The snack pack looked at each other before celebrating, "Wooo!" "Yaaayyy!" "My ship has Sailed!" "Oh mah gah!"

As Branch sighed at his girlfriends enthusiasm he kept focus on finishing what he was making for breakfast meanwhile Poppy and the snack pack chatted.

"Way to go gurl!" Suki exclaimed as she congratulated her friend.

"I know, I'm so so so so HAPPY!!" Poppy beamed as she giggled to herself.

"Tell us the details gurl!" Satin asked giddy.

"Ya! Who popped the question? What happened? Spill gurlfriend!" Chennille said before hearing Branch say from where he was at, "Only person with Poppy as a 'gurlfriend' is me guys! So correct your words!"

Poppy blushed as she giggled at how possessive Branch was being with that little statement, meanwhile Chennille giggled at Branch's remark and turned back to Poppy waiting for an answer.

"Well I told him I loved him and said that it's fine if he didnt feel the same way, and that the thing he said in the pot was part of the lyrics, and then as I was gonna turn around, he grabbed me and well." Poppy explained trailing off, her cheeks getting tainted with a dark pink.

The snack pack looked at each other before Smidge said, "You got it bad!"

Poppy giggled but was interrupted with Branch nudging her arm. Poppy looked over at Branch who was holding two plates with a slice of blue berry pie on it and 7 more plates with the same thing floating behind him.

"Breakfast's ready guys." Branch stated as he handed a plate to Poppy, Poppt giving him a peck on the cheek as a thank you, making Branch blush a light shade of purple before making the seen plates float to each one of the snack pack.

"Anyway, you'll be pleases to know that we'll be able to get to our destination today by sundown." Branch explained.

The snack pack cheered in delight, "WOOOO!"

"Yes but, that is if we make it through the deadly woods." Branch added, earning groans from the others.

Smidge calmed the others down before saying, "It's okay guys! We'll just pulvarize our way through!"
Branch sighed at his friend's reckless remark before adding, "And it would take far more than just me making things float to get through, plus, there are predators every where."

The snack pack looked sad once again before Poppy butted in amd exclaimed, "Look on the bright side guys! It's what us trolls do best! And Branch! Sweetie! BB! Honey! All the wonderful stuff hings I can call ya, have more confidence in your capabilites, I know you can work something out to get us through safely!"

Branch blushed at her later statements as she smiled and nodded at her.

At the Entrance of Deadly Woods...

Branch and Poppy, fingers intertwined, along with the snack pack following right behind them entered deadly woods.

After walking quite far Suki broke the tension in the air by saying, "You know? It's not even dangerous here-."

Just then a roar was heard, the gang of friends looked around forming a circle, back against the others.

"Shh." Branch whispered as he looked around.

All of a sudden a shadowy figure appeared, it was a wolf, it was big, and black, it wasnt just any wolf though, that was a given.

All of a sudden, the wolf flicked his tail towards the group of friends sneding what looks like sharp spikes towards them, Branch jumping in front stopping the deadly projectiles from their tracks, before removing his control over them making the deadly needles fall through the floor.

"RUN!" Branch commanded as everyone started to do as he said.

Branch stayed the most behind from the group as he kept stopping the spikes from their tracks then later dropping them to the ground.

"HURRY!" Poppy also instructed as she pointed to a cave that she spotted.

Everyone jumped into a cave, Branch getting in last, he made a chunk of the floor outside the cave move, it then formed a large boulder, big enough to block the caves entrance.

Poppy, Branch, and the gang panted

"That was close!" Cooper giggled not aware of what actually could've happened to them.

"Woah! I didn't knew you could control earth(dirt, soil, etc) too!" Suki exclaimed in shock.

"Huh? I didn't, I simply used my psychic abilities/powers on the ground, then shaped it into a large boulder, then I solifified it by using the moisture in the air." Branch explained.

The snack pack stared at him as if clueless on what he said before Poppy butted in and said, "What Branch MEANT to say was that, he used his powers on the ground and added water as if making a sandcastle so it would stick together as if it WAS a sandcastle."

Ooo's and Oohhh's was heard from the snack pack as Branch face palmed at the scene that just played out infront of him.

"Okay, but enough of that, how on earth are we gonna get to the Rock Troll Kingdom if that thing is there?!" Satin and Chennille asked.

"I don't know guys, I dont know, but we'll figure it out together." Poppy comforted her friends, Branch holding unto Poppy's hand as though to comfort her, and tell her everything will be alright.

One things was for sure thought, and Poppy, Branch, and all of the Snack Pack thought so at the same time,

"This is gonna be Harder Than We Thought."

A/N

Here ya go guys! Another chap! Now since I updated today, there's a chance I won't tomorrow, for either this book or the one shot book. But I will try! There also won't be any updates for thursday as it is my exams then. Anywah, hope you enjoyed the chap!

PEACE OUT! 🤘