Chapter 1

I woke up to the sunshine attacking me through the gaps in the blinds. Groaning, I rolled over and pulled my pillow over my face to help block some of the deadly rays. Not another morning. Suddenly, I could feel cold water splash all over my once warm body soaking through the covers. James!

I jumped up as I could, I can already hear him taking off down the stairs, thundering food steps echoing throughout the house. "You're a coward, James Taten! Face me like a dragon!" I jumped up and forgot the lost cause I once called a blanket ad it flips to the floor. Taking two steps at a time as I descended down the stairs to try and catch up to his long strides.

"Delilah! You do not run through my house, especially tracking water everywhere and yelling like a wild child," my mother scolded and held up her spoon as a threat. Moms. How my dad stands her, I don't know.

"Mom! James came into my room-"

"You had a boy in your room?!"

"No, I mean, yes. But-"

"Yes?! I don't want to hear it. You are being disrespectful in front of our guest and your ruining the new floors. You don't pay the bills, your father and I do." She then eaves the wooden spoon towards herself and continues stirring the food I just noticed cooking.

Glaring at James, I slowly made my way back upstairs already plotting my revenge. He keeps doing this somehow. Have a guy best friend they said, it will be fun they said. Pft. A pain in my arse that's for sure. 

My name is Delilah, I'm 17 years old and the doofas with the cold water is named James. I grew up in the small town of Willfernt. I wasn't really rich or poor. I had long, brown hair that I loved having down. I also have blue eyes that I got from my dad.

(Delilah in the picture below)

One more day until my birthday

One more day until my birthday. I smiled at that thought. James said he had a huge surprise planned. Hope it isn't anything like last year. His "surprise" was a container with a spider. Turns out the spider was poisonous too.

***

(Atticus' POV)

I hold back the urge to shift and rip the person's head off with my jaws who is knocking at my door. I was so tired from doing pack treaty work, now they want to add more stress to me? I quickly ripped open the door to see a warrior standing there looking nervous. What a pussy.

"Sir, we have word that Beta James has been...well...conversing with a human for quite some time now." Eli stuttered out, obviously nervous to share the new found news.

"I have figured, Eli. Who do you think me to be?" I asked with a skeptical tone.

He seems shocked but quickly composed himself again, "I'm sorry, Alpha. I would like to make sure you have approved, it is dangerous for a dragon to have feeling for a human after all." With that he nowed his head in respect and walked out leaving me in thought. James has feeling for a human girl? Usually us dragons don't bother with dating others because we are waiting for our mate. With what happened to James' mate though I guess...

Speak of the devil and he shall appear, I turned to the door as James walked in. "Atticus? Sorry I'm late," Just in time, actually, "So. About border patrol-"

"What about we talk about this girl you like? She has to be something for you to be acting this way. Its been awhile since I've got to hear you talk all lovesick."

"Delilah?" Delilah. Something about that name just put my mind to ease. My inner dragon stirred and became restless. I guess it has been awhile since I've been flying.

I gave him a blank stare in return as an answer causing him to slightly nod his head and lean back against the wall smiling with a dreamy gaze in his eyes, "Well..."

****
(Delilah's POV)

"Delilah! Its time for dinner!" my mother called for me. James and me had just finished binge watching Friends.

"Chandler!"

"Joey!"

"Chandler!"

"Joey!"

"Chan-!"

"Both of you! Sit!" My mother butted in and glared at us.

"Yes ma'am," James replied and quickly slid into a seat.

"Brown nose," I mumbled while I took the seat next to James. He looked over and gave me his best smirk. Suddenly his face went serious and his face went blank.

"Thank you, for the offer. But I got to go, my family would really like me home by this time. I'll see you tomorrow Delilah. Have a good night!" And with that he was out the door. Family? I know James has never been close to his family. That's strange. Probably shouldn't stress myself over nothing.

"What a nice, young man," my mother smiled and turned back to the stove. Just an average day again, I guess smiling at the thought. This was my life, I loved every part of it.

~So how was that? I'm not sure if i like this book or not yet. Please, no haters. I don't need your rude comments. So I hope you enjoy this and sorry for any spelling errors. The 2nd picture is of James in dragon form.~