Chapter 20

(Delilah's P.O.V.)

These past couple days have been strange. Jack just stares- more like glares, everytime I'm next to Atticus and mouths 'murderer'. I can tell this is really getting to my head.

"Hey babe, I have to go. I need to watch over border patrol. We have a new warrior. You going to be fine here? Should I cancel?" Atticus asks walking into the room and hugging me.

"No, do your pack things. I was actually going to go with James and Jack to the mall to get new clothes. What time will you be back from border patrol?" I ask him and hug him back, resting my head on his shoulder. I could feel sparks go around me, making a smile appear on my face.

"Maybe 5:00, I got to go babe. Please stay safe and don't leave James' vision. I don't trust Jack, and especially not alone with my mate." He growls a little and kisses my forehead.

I just nod and sigh, pulling away. "I need to get ready, i'll miss you." I got on my tipy toes and kissed his nose making him smile.

"I'll miss you too." He says sadly and walks out to the southern part of the land.

I watch as James runs in as if a zombie was chasing him. He frantically looks around before jumping behind me. I give him a confused look as I see Jack storm into the room, pissed off.

I sighed and was just about to talk before Atticus' mom walked in. "Delilah dear, may I talk to you?" She asks, and shakes her head at the boys.

"Sure, one second I-," my sentence was short lived before Mary, a current cook, came into the room. I saighed as she looked around before turning to me.

"Hi, um if you have a moment I would like to speak with you about something...." She says nervously. What the hell people?

I smile at her, "Of course just right after I-," I start to talk but then one of the guards burst in. Oh great, just freaking great.

He widens his eyes at everyone compacted in a small room. "Delilah, I need you too come quick, it seems as though Atticus has gotten hurt. He has asked me to escort you there and quickly.

I quickly nod and take off with the guard. Everyone follows behind. I never knew I could run this fast, all I could think about was Atticus laying on the ground hurt and bloody. My adrenaline pumped harder and I was almost in front of the guard.

I could hear the others close behind us. Please be okay. Please be okay. God damnit Atticus, be okay!

Denver, another guard there tossed us clothes that we both quickly changed into. The guard quickly but with a steady pace walked over the last hill where I saw it. My mouth dropped open and I imediatly took off torwards him. How could he do this! I couldn't help but feel mad but also happy. For standing there in a suit, down on one knee, and with a ring in hand, was my mate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, figured I would add in some happy moments. Tell me how you liked it :). Have a great day. Not edited.