Your First Choice

If you chose to KILL THE BOY read the normal text.

If you chose to RUNAWAY read the bold text.

The kid was closing in on you, and Jennings was being noncompliant. You needed more time. Time that was hurriedly running out.

Without another thought, you rush forward and snap the child's neck, before he has time to react.

The snap echoes through your mind, making you feel nauseous.

You catch the child before he hits the ground, and you gently lay him down. You were not about to let gravity set off the bomb.

Naturally you felt guilty. This was a child that still had his entire life ahead of him, but because of you he was gone.

And the fact the you had killed a life would end up taking its toll on you, but for now you could not let that bother you. It would effect your chance of getting you and Jennings home alive.

Jennings, you think, turning to face them.

Jennings was huddled in the corner, looking at you in horror.

"You-you killed him." They whisper quietly.

"I had to. If you would have ran with me, we could have avoided it," You reply calmly.

"Your a murderer!" Jennings whisper shouts. You can hear the fear in thier voice.

"This is war," you explain, trying to keep your voice from breaking. Killing the child had been awful and you were trying your best to not dwell on it. "That was a causality."

"No, no, no!' They whisper over and over again.

Jennings has obviously been seriously affected by this war. It also doesn't help that they are probably suffering from amnesia as you are. It's all very confusing, and now it has put Jennings in some sort of unhealthy mental state.

"We need to leave and get some help," you tell Jennings, holding out a hand to them.

They ignore you, rocking back and forth.

Jennings was clearly mentally unstable, and even if you were able to coax them into willingly coming with, you would more than likely be caught or killed by the enemy.

However, leaving Jennings behind was not an option. Especially if they were suffering from a mental illness. It was your job to protect them.

You yank Jennings up and put him into a sleeper hold. This was probably the best way for you to knock your ally unconscious without the enemy over hearing.

It works!

Jennings is only able to struggle for moments before they go limp.

You release your grip and let them slink to the floor. You look around the area trying to find the best escape route, and trying to ignore the small lifeless body only a few feet away.

You see the best route out of one of the windows. It is a two story drop, but you believe you can climb down the side fast enough, even carrying Jennings. There is still glass on it though, so you will have to bust it.

You take off your shirt and wrap it around your fist and punch the window. The noise of shattering glass penetrates through the air, and you can here movement somewhere near in the building.

You need to leave, now.

You turn around to grab Jennings, However they are standing up and they have somehow got a pocket knife. It is pointed at you.

It does not surprise you that Jennings tricked you into thinking that they were unconscious. Jennings is a smart person.

Floor boards croak down the hall. You can hear the enemy approaching.

As you see it there are two options.

One would be to head out the window yourself. This would give you a better chance of survival. Jennings is in no position to take care of himself and would slow you down, not to mention the fact that Jennings sees you as a threat. However you cannot imagine leaving your partner behind and you would have killed that child for no reason.

The other option is to try and knock Jennings unconscious again. However Jennings has a knife and is a trained soldier, fighting them while they are alert would result in an injury at best and death at worst.

How will you choose?

You only have moments to think.

You do not want to kill anyone, unless it is absolutely necessary.

However you do not have an escape route and Jennings is noncompliant.

You decide to just wing it.

You punch Jennings in the head, hoping that it was hard enough to knock him out.

You hear the child talking, but cannot make sense of any words.

"Shoo! Get away!" You hiss at him.

The child merely blinks before running off.

You let out a sigh of relief. You had not thought that simply ordering the child to leave would work, but your glad that it did.

You see a good exit path out the only window covered in glass. You set Jennings down and take off your top and wrap it around your fist.

You punch the glass and clear a hole big enough to get through. Even though it's a two story window, you should be able to climb down safely enough while carrying Jennings.

You turn around and see Jennings standing, a walkie talkie in their hands, talking to someone.

You must not have heard them over the noise of breaking glass and their soft speaking voice.

You have no idea how they got a walkie talkie, but you are relieved.

"Are you contacting the troop?" You ask.

"I'm getting help," They explained, before turning back to the walkie talkie with a hushed voice.

"Please help, " Jennings begs into the walkie talkie.

You can not hear the response, but Jennings gives you a cautious look, before rushing out of the room, you try to give chase but you hear a bang, and rubble falls, blocking the path.

You want to dig a way out, but are afraid off knocking the entire pile loose.

The way Jennings took off like that made you suspicious of them, you were not sure if you should follow them. Also Jennings did not seem to use the secret code to make sure the right people were contacted.

As you see it you have two options.

One would be to wait and see if Jennings actually did get help. Even though Jennings actions were suspicious his intentions could be pure. Maybe his amnesia caused him to forget the code, and that was why he was panicking.

Two would be to continue on your own. Obviously Jennings thinks that he can take care of himself, otherwise he would not have ran off alone. Also his behavior was odd and you were no longer sure of what action you would take.

What will be your decision?