Chapter one

"Priya! Come on!" Srinika barged into the room startling me. "My brothers getting married in two hours and my best friend is still doing her hair.

I scowled braiding the last bit of hair. "There done! See Sri! Don't exaggerate...," I paused looking at my wine colored lehenga. I had, still have,some feelings for Rahul and now I'd have to see him get married. No one, even Sri knew this and I pretended to be struggling to insert my gold jhumka.

"Priya, come on! We are supposed to be the guest welcomes!" She dragged me out into a grand, golden reception with many people. I sighed and decided to start with a young looking man with a group of friends.

"Sri, I'm going to go start over there," I said pouting to the right. She looked down at me.

" I'll come too. Let's stick together today." I looked at her and agreed. Srinika Kasmikar constantly surprises me. My best friend is a 5'7 tall beautiful girl with wide doe eyes, fairish skin and curly, layered hair. She acts so silly but is really wise when she wants to be.

I adjusted my scarf and followed Sri. We got to the group and just stood there staring at each other.

"Say something!" I whispered

"No you!" She whispered back.

"You!"

"You!"

"You!"

I was about to say something but she interrupted me.

"Or else I'll accidentally spill water on you and say you peed in your pants!"

My face turned red at the thought itself. "Fine you devil!" Sri just smirked.

I stood there for a few seconds, my eyes traveling back and forth from Sri to them. Oh god, I thought, this is embarrassing. I cleared my throat and immediately got everyone's attention.

"Hi everyone! I'm the welcomer person thing," I flapped my hand blabbering, clearly mortified. "Anyway I just wanted to give you the schedule." I breathed and glared at Srinika, who looked like she was trying not to laugh.

They looked me up and down and finally offered me a smile.

"Who are you?" Asked a girl quite rudely.

Hmph, I thought, seriously! Just because you think your pretty doesn't have to make you act so rude!

Nevertheless I was polite. "I'm Lasya Priya and this is Srinika, the sister of the groom."

Sri finally jumped in. "But we go by Sri and Priya,"

I raised my eyebrow at her but she just smirked. Meanwhile the group started interfacing themselves

"Rohit,"

"Rohan,"

I interrupted them. "Sorry to interrupt," I said while I was starting to feel embarrassed about cutting in. Keep calm! "Are you twins?"

Rohit— no Rohan smiled at me.

Before he could say anything, the rude girl interrupted. "Obviously! Are you always so clueless." She flipped her hair. "Neha, by the way. The brides sister."

I was turning red and zoned out as the other interduced themselves. I mean, that was sad.
I looked at Sri and she just gave me a sympathetic look and mouthed to pay attention.

"I'm Varun." The cute, dimpled guy smiled at me and said.

The last one! I was secretly glad.

"I'm Rahul." Said a deep, masculine voice. I gulped and looked up to see his face. Rahul. How has he grown more handsome over the years. He was 6'1, had a muscular body, handsome rugged but sweet attractive face with a clean haircut.