Chapter 1: Airport

Ramona and Popko stood handclasped in her room, saying their farewells before she left for Japan. 

"I'll miss you while you're in Japan" Popko crooned

"Aw Popko, I'm gonna miss you too" Ramona replied with a smile

"Oh, I wrote you a card." Poko said as he pulled the bent card from his back pocket and shoved it into her hands.

Inside it read: 

"Dear Ramona, 

I love your brown eyes,

and your teeth are like pearls.

While you're away, 

Can I see other girls?"

"Is this a joke?" She stuttered
"No it's a beautiful poem, I should work for Hallmark" Popko replied with his cocky smirk.

She couldn't believe him. She was going away for 5 days, how could he do this to her? He may be cute but he is the most selfish person she had ever met.

"I deserve so much better, I deserve a boyfriend who makes me feel special and treats me with kindness and respect." 

Like Jackson... She shook that thought out of her head and continued 

"As of right now you're officially dumped." She slowly opened the door to shove Popko out. 

Jackson, who was squatting at the door, mouth agape at the conversation he was hearing, realised he was about to be caught and scattered into his room. Breathing heavily he leaned up against his closed door. 

"Phew, that was a close one"

"What was a close one?" Interjected Max from the desk.

"Jeez, Max, you scared me" Jackson breathed. He turned to face the door as he heard the pattering of Popko running down the stairs. Now he had to decide. Popko or Ramona. 

Always Ramona. She was his best friend and he could always count on her for comfort, advice or a joke and Popko? Popko was a jerk. He tip-toed towards her door but stopped in his tracks just as he was about to knock. He heard Ramona slide down to sit on the floor, witha sniffle and a whimpered cry she rested her head on the door. 

"What's wrong with me?"

Absolutley nothing. The real question is whats wrong with Popko, how could he treat such and amazing girl like that?

Jackson felt infuriated in a way he never felt before, this was different to when his room was taken or he was grounded. He chased down the stairs, stumbling on his way.

"Popko! What the hell man? How could you do that to Ramona?"

"What do you mean Jackson? She wasn't giving me what I wanted and I had to get it somewhere. Anyway why do you care? Ramona's just an annoying girl that lives in your house. I'm glad I'm done with her" Popko replied with his signature sleazy smirk.

"I'm going to regret this..." Jackson mumbled to himself,

"Huh?" Popko said, 

Before Jackson could stop himself, he had punched Popko right in the nose. 

"AAAHHH!" Popko screamed in pain. "OH MY GOD MAN, WHAT THE HELL? You're meant to be my friend"

Ramona and Max, ran down the stairs and Stephanie dashed into the living room. 

"Oh my God. What happened. Popko, you're bleeding... Jackson what happened to your hand?" Ramona yelled as she rushed over to them. 

"He punched me. That's what happened" Popko spat, "Aren't you going to help me get a towel or something?" Ignoring him, Ramona stared into Jackson's eyes, 

"Why?" 

"He deserved it. He hurt you..." Jackson explained, still avoiding Ramona's eyes. Within a second, Ramona had wrapped her arms around his neck. Slowly he put his arms around her waist too. 

"Thank you, Jackson" She mumbled into his chest, 

"There's nothing wrong with you Ramona, you're perfect" Jackson whispered into her ear.  Before Ramona could reply, a shout was heard.

"Excuse me? A little help here" Popko yelled, 

"No" Replied Max simply as he pushed him out of the door, Stephanie followed him and locked it. 

"I don't know what happened but I don't like him." Stephanie announced, Ramona and Jackson had finally untangled themselves from each other. 

"Jackson, your hand... Steph I think we need to ice it" Ramona called over her shoulder, blue and purple bruises were littered all over his hand. In the blink of an eye, Jackson had been pushed onto the couch, DJ was frantically trying to find bandages, Stephanie was trying to explain the situation to Kimmy and Fernando. After a while, Max tapped Stephanie on the shoulder, they all turned to see Ramona and Jackson sitting as close together as possible and Ramona was holding an ice pack onto Jackson's hand. He was staring into her eyes as they laughed together. 

"Awww" They all said in unison confusing Jackson but causing Ramona to blush madly. 

"Come on guys, we have to leave for the airport soon" DJ reminded them, causing the family to scatter themselves around the house, leaving Ramona and Jackson alone in the living room. 

"If you want I'll help you pack, I know for a fact you haven't done it yet and your hand is kind of my fault so I owe it to you to help." Ramona said with a smile as she stood up taking his better hand. 

"You don't owe me anything... but I'd appreciate the help" Jackson grinned back as she dragged him up the stairs. 

 Half an hour later, they all stood in the living room ready to leave. 

"Alright here's how you'll be sitting, Matt you're with me, Kimmy you're with Stephanie." 

"Can't wait for hours of quality time with you Stephanie" Kimmy said cheerily. Stephanie groaned and whispered under her breath

"God help me"

"As I was saying-" DJ continued ignoring Kimmy and Stephanie, "Max and Fernando you're with Steve and that leaves... Jackson and Ramona together." Stephanie smirked at Kimmy out of the corner of her eye. DJ held the other two she-wolves back as the others left to get in the taxi.

"I don't know if you can tell, but I fixed it so Jackson and Ramona are together. I want to see what happens between them." She whispered to them conspiratorily, 

"Yeah we know Deej, it was pretty obvious." Kimmy said outright. "But I'm interested in what will happen too."