"So that's Evie?"

He nodded, smiling at her. 

"And you like her?"

"We're friends"

"For now" I looked at him "Do you know when Louis is going to be here?"

He nodded "He's on his way, but he feels a little out of place"

"Why?"

"Well essentially everyone is paired up with someone, while he and I are the only single ones now"

"Niall's single"

He nodded "He is, but he isn't"

Louis and Eleanor had broken up a few weeks before the accident, and he was still trying to adjust to being single again. 

"Can I get you a drink?" he asked.

"No thanks" I said, walking over to Niall "Hey you"

He smiled "Hey"

"James, do you want a drink?" Lulu asked.

"I'd love one"

I gave him a look "You're terrible for letting this go on so long"

"I just don't know how to tell her"

I sighed "Niall, James, whatever you name is, you need to tell her the truth. She doesn't deserve to be lied to, especially from someone that she so clearly trusts and likes"

He shook his head "I just don't want to deal with possibly losing her when I tell her"

"Well I guarantee you that the longer you wait, the worse it will be"

He groaned "Fine, I'll talk to her"

I saw Harry speaking to Liam, so I took this chance to finally get to know Evie "Hey, Evie; I'm Gracie"

She smiled "I'm a big fan of your music"

I sat down beside her "So tell me about yourself"

"That seems to be the popular question" she said, taking a drink "Um, I'm adopted and live with my older brother, who takes care of me and my other two brothers"

"What about your parents?"

"They're just always away"

I nodded.

"Yeah, my older brother, Chris is really protective" she smiled "Well, so are Bennett and Joey"

I smiled "I bet they freaked Harry out"

She laughed "Yeah, Harry met Christ the other day, and well Harry's pretty tall, right?"

"Yeah"

"Well, Chris is 6'4" so that was funny to watch"

"Oh I would pay to see that"

She grinned "I tried to warn him, but he assured me that it would be fine. Then Harry walked in and immediately ran into Chris who played the threatening older brother role perfectly"

I leaned in close to her "Do you like him?"

She quickly swallowed her drink "Harry? He's a good buddy" I gave her a look and she lowered her voice "Yes, I like him" she smiled "Who couldn't?"

"Harry hasn't said it, but I think he really likes you too"

"He doesn't act like it though"

I looked over at Harry "His ex dumped him for someone else, over the phone; he's just scared of getting hurt again"