26. Missing Something Important

SONG : BEAUTIFUL GOODBYE - CHEN

결혼을 축하해, 종대야 ♥ 항상 응원할게요 오빠, 사랑해요 그리고 화이팅하세요 ♥ (Congratulations on your coming wedding EXO CHEN aka Kim Jongdae ♥️)

•••|||•••

I stared at Ethan Clarke as he stared back at me.

While I stared at him, my eyes widened in shock and horror, his eyes were lit up with playful amusement. While my mind was scrambling around for something to say and buzzing with questions back and forth, he was watching me with interest, as if he was trying to peer into my mind, and read my thoughts.

Why was he there? If my guess was right, I still had at least an hour and twenty minutes til he was supposed to return.

Why did he come back early? Why didn't he announce himself earlier when he knew I had confused him for someone else? And why did he have to look so damn hot standing there in a suit, eating my curry?

I felt my face redden as the last question crossed my mind.

But honestly, you couldn't blame me.

Ethan Clarke was wearing a custom-maid Armani suit, which he constantly had to remind me of when he told me to clean it, that hugged his body like it was made for him, which in this case it was. His hair was styled perfectly, and his eyes were watching me with such interest I felt like I was being inspected for my flaws under a microscope.

With his sun-kissed skin, towering built and intense gaze that were bordering on sensual, Ethan Clarke could make even the world's sternest nun beg for his attention.

When it became apparent that I was stunned beyond words and that I wasn't going to say anything, Ethan placed the spoon down on the counter-top before he licked his lips, most probably to get any residue curry.

Absentmindedly, my eyes watched as he did so before I realized it and blushed red. Luck wasn't on my side because when I looked up to see if Ethan had caught me, a knowing smile was on his face and his eyes gleaned with something that I couldn't read. Fortunately, he didn't comment on it which would just make things worse for me.

My face still burning red, I turned back to the roti that I had placed on the pan. The burnt smell hit me before I grabbed the spatula and quickly turned the roti, the charred flatbread glared up at me and I felt like face-palming myself. I had been too shocked by Ethan's appearance that I had forgotten about the roti.

After taking the roti off the pan and putting another one on, I continued to ignore Ethan Clarke, whose presence was burning in the back of my head as he continued to watch me in silence.

Five minutes later, I took off the last roti from the pan. Turning around, I tried not to be too surprised to see that he was still there. I'd thought that he would've left silently during the time. Instead, in his hands was a small bowl filled with curry and he was busy eating.

I washed my hands in silence before I turned to face him.

"Who taught you how to make curry?" were the first words he said before he took another scoop of the curry and ate it. He let out a moan that made me stand there awkwardly. He gave me a pointed look as if to remind me he had asked me a question.

I hesitantly replied, "My mom."

After a long pause, he nodded thoughtfully. "She taught you well. This is delicious."

"Thanks," I mumbled out, surprised that he wasn't commenting anything badly about my cooking. "So..." I watched him, wondering whether I should ask him or not. When he looked at me encouragingly, I continued, "lunch finished early?"