Books

Dedicated to:
roseyork2004
Quescic
Umbral_Twillight
TheBlondeWarrior

     People are like books.

     We can hold truths of dying hearts and unfolding destruction, stories of traumas and cowards watching worlds fall from behind a mask. Our pages can become sharp, cutting those who rub our edges too hard. Chapters can be hard to finish. Words can be hard to read. Losses of characters can be hard to bear. Pages can be ripped, and spines can disconnect after being left alone for too long. Our ink can be smudged, and if we're neglected enough, being dropped a single time would be all it takes for us to fall apart. Sometimes, we may even find ourselves sitting at the back of a shelf, seemingly hidden behind all books with 'more interesting' stories or a 'prettier' cover.

     But there are good sides to this as well.

     We can tell stories of love and hope, and hold enough wisdom to fill oceans. We give entertainment, hope, and wonder, and often have bits and pieces of ourselves that we - and perhaps others - like to go back to and go over again. The favourite spots that have drops of tea or coffee and the dog ear pages that are not flaws, but rather quirky add-ons that make us more used, more unique, and more us. The creases and the covers that are bent that show how much people enjoy it when we open up to them and tell our story. Our very own, one of a kind story.

     But no matter the reason, we must remember that books are so, so very fragile, and although some books - those with thick, bulky covers most of all - make it look like upkeep is not a problem, all of them must be taken care of, or else they'll eventually crumble.

     Take care of your books, please, before they're thrown away.