Ch. 6

Danielle POV

I'm in my wolf form running towards the borderline until I hear a deadly roar that almost makes me trip. I stop unwillingly and turn around to where the roar is coming from and I know my mate had noticed my leave. I then hear a second roar and it doesn't sound like my mate so I can only assume that it's Damien. Except his sound more sadistic. Why can't I have had a normal childhood in a normal pack with normal wolves.

I look at gabby and like we read each other's my minds we took off like the flash with our feet pounding against the ground trying our hardest to escape our deaths.

My heart is pounding and my legs are sore. I have several pieces of glass in my paws because of stupid drunk vampire teens. I also have a few thorns in my tail. And my sides are hurting so bad. Why couldn't I just be a normal person and actually take time off so I could heal. But no here I am ripping my stitches and staples so I can escape.

I hear four growls behind us now and I know for a fact his siblings are with him. Just great.

Gabrielle let's out a warning howl and I let out a growl. I see two very fast objects run past us at full speed and I know it's Jaylyn and Damien since they're faster than Caden and Aiden. So I turn directions and take off faster. Im actually sad since I won't be here for Piper's birthday next week since I will be basically dead.

Suddenly I'm knocked to the side and so is Gabrielle. I quickly jump up to see glowing red eyes and blue eyes, my wounds are now hurting even more since mostly all my stitches are ripped and although I can see Aiden's eyes go back and forth from my now open wound and my eyes I still wonder if he would kill me. I also see Caden and Jaylyn frowning down at our wolf forms in their human forms. I growl baring my teeth as Aiden steps closer and in return his siblings growl at me. It's dominating but I hold my ground since I don't really have a choice. And I continue to growl.

'You fucking liar.' A voice growls into my head which I recognize as Aiden's. I ignore him and look around as his siblings close their little circle around us.

"I honestly hate liars." Caden says with a cocked head examining us probably searching for weak spots. "So the legends are actually true and we've been living with the fire wolf for a while. I wonder which one is Gabrielle I mean what she had to be the water wolf, earth wolf, or golden wolf. Well she doesn't have golden fur so th-" Jaylyn rambles until her Damien cuts her off with a growl.

When they all step forward I warn them with a small fire since I can't cause anything big yet but they don't need to know that. Aiden takes a deep breath and steps into the fire not being hurt at all. My paws hurt and if he wanted to kill me right now he could. Caden must have smelled my blood because his eyes dilates. "Wow. Their blood smells so much more rich than others." He says causing Aiden to growl at him and Caden raises his hands up.

And here I was thinking he was the nice one. Jasiri is done healing my paws and I mentally thank her. I see Gabby is getting into her sprinting stance and she looks at me I make a subtle wink since nodding my head would point out that we are about to do something.

As soon as Aiden and Damien step forward in their large forms we kick up a lot of dust and haul tail.

It's a trick we learned when we were running from hunters in Swahili. It's where you use your back paws and dig them into the dirt so when you run you kick up the earth.

We reach the border line but this time we are knocked down and pinned down, I let out a loud Yelp when I land on my wound and again Aiden flinches at the sound but he still holds his ground above me giving off his dominant aroma and for that second I hate him. When I try to crawl away he growls at me warning me of the very obvious consequences if I run again so I go limp under him.