Her eyes softened as she heard him pouring his heart out. All of sudden a guilt kicks in being so selfish, she snuggles to his chest placing her head on his chest and playing with his hand that were interlocked.

Avni : did I just become selfish?

Neil : no love! You didn't become selfish love. You can never be selfish love. I know you. It was so sudden and you didn't knew how to react. Love I don't blame you, I would have done the same. Love, we promised to stick with each other against all odds love. I need you to promise me, that you will be happy and take care of yourself. You won't neglect your health in my abscess. I don't want you falling ill love. You won't be careless. You will look after yourself. Promise me.

He withdrew his hand back and forwards to her looking into her eyes. She glanced him placing her hand in his promising him. Neil pecks her forehead and smiles lightly.

Neil : I will be in touch with you much as I can. I can't promise or guarantee that will happen love. My heart and dedication will be there always. My family comes last love. Our country is my first priority when I am wearing the uniform love. I need you to be my pillar and support system to protect our family in my absence. Will you do that love for me?

Her eyes filled with fresh tears. Her mouth wobbled as she tried to speak but no words came out of it. It was so difficult to speak out. Her whole body stiffen in his arms. Her heart starts pounding loudly. Her mind was able to take all this. Her thoughts wandered off how will she do all this without him being behind her in every step.

Looking into his eyes, she promised to protect their family and be his strength. She was ready to be his strength.

Neil caressed her cheek and shook his head as he noticed her eyes that were filled with tears. He couldn't see her tears. He can't see her cry.

He pecks her head and pulls in her chest cuddling her tightly. He never wanted to let her go for mere seconds. His heart sank the thoughts of leaving her behind.

There is certainly things we don't have control of. His own tears betrayed him. A tear escaped down and fall on her shoulder alerting her. She broke the hug making a space between as she watched his eyes filled with tears.

Now her heart bleeds seeing his tears. Her thumbs brushed against his eyes wiping the tears off. Her heart cried over the pain that were going through.

Her voice shutters as she spoke wiping her own tears and his.

Avni : please.. don't cry.

His tears fell not being able to hold anymore. They cried hugging each other as they thought new journey of theirs.

Neil brushed her hair as he untangles himself from her hold. He bends down kissing her cheek they were dried due to tears. They truly loved each other beyond their own imaginations.

Neil caressed her cheek and placing one kiss gets down bed moving to washroom.

He stood front of the mirror and turning the tap on, he splashed cold water over his face. He did it few times making himself feel better.

He pulls the towel wiping his face.

He comes out of washroom and glanced towards bed and frowned when he found it empty. He throw the towel and rushed outside of the yelling her name.

He got worried not seeing her in the room. His heart calmed and felt a peace he spotted her sitting in living room with his parents with a small smile playing on her lips.

He knew behind the smile there was hidden pain. He could see the pain behind her smile. His heart clenched up on thought of he wasn't able to remove the pain of hers.