He dials swetha number.

Neil : hello mom!

Swetha : hello Neil! How are you? Are you okay?

Neil : yes I'm okay! How is everyone?

Swetha : everyone is okay! Did you eat?

Neil : finished training. I got some time to call you. I will eat after talking to you.

Swetha : do eat! Don't starve yourself and straining your body while training for mission.

Neil: I will do mom! I can hear some familiar voices? Are Neighbour in the house?

Swetha : not neighbours but malthora family.

His breath stopped as he heard malthora family means she is there too. He composed himself.

Neil : how come they are here? Baby girl marriage? That soon?

Swetha slaps her head hearing Neil and also chuckles at his thought making Neil frown.

Neil : mom why are you laughing? Did I say something wrong?

Swetha: yes my son, you definitely did. They aren't here for princess marriage but not visit Mumbai. Actually Avni was feeling lonely and bored in Delhi and before coming back to her duty in two weeks thought to visit Mumbai and explore the city. That is what princess told us. She does look lost and lonely.

His heart stiffened hearing what his mother said about Avni. He wasn't there to relive the loneliness of hers. He knew she would be missing him, he also didn't met her before coming back to his duty.

Holding his tears and the guilty he spoke.

Neil : how is she? Where is she now?

Swetha : she went to rest. She didn't look happy too. Neil why are you doing this?

Neil : mom, what do you mean?

Swetha : you know what I mean Neil?

Neil : I didn't get you mom. Please elaborate what are you on about?

Swetha : why aren't you accepting what you feel about her? I know what is happening between you both?

He wasn't surprised hearing his mother, she knew him too well.

Neil : I am trying my best mom but it's not in my hand. I don't know what to do. I can't balance it.

Swetha : why don't you talk to her? She needs someone to have heart to heart talk. I think she is waiting for your call. Give her call.

Neil : mom! I will give her call. Please don't tell about this conversation.

Swetha : I won't! You better sort out your relationship with her.

Neil : do I have option?

Swetha chuckles and said no before ending the call. Neil sighs looking at the phone.

Neil had dilemma if he should call her or not. He couldn't decide and even his luck wasn't on his side.

He was called by his teammates. He shook his head and shoving his phone back in his pockets went to see his team.

Picking her phone up , she found few miscalls from Manik and Nandini.

She sighs and opening her phone, she called Manik first.

Avni : hello Bhai, are you free?

Manik : hey baby doll! Yes i am free. Where are you? You didn't answer my call.

Avni : Bhai, we are in khanna mansion. Did you forget that we are going to Mumbai?

Manik : I kind of did! How was the journey? Did you safely landed?

Avni : journey was tiring, yes we landed safely. How are you and Nandini Bhabhi?

Manik : we are good! She is home.

Avni: okay. I will call her. She called me too.

Manik : I know! I was there when she tried calling you. How come you didn't answer the calls?

Avni : I was resting Bhai, I just woke up and saw your miscalls.

Manik : take rest! I will call in the night. Say hello to maa and papa.

Avni : will do! Bye Bhai!

She ended call then dials Nandini's number.

Avni : hello Bhabhi, sorry I couldn't pick your call up when you called. I was resting that too.

Nandini : hello Avni! It's fine. How are you? Did you reach to khanna mansion?

Avni : yes I did Bhabhi! What are you doing?

Nandini : cleaning my room. Your brother is messy.

Avni giggles hearing Nandini knowing how Manik loves to make mess but he also cleans it when he feels like or has mood to clean the whole house.

Nandini : yeah laugh. I will see you when you starts living with Bhai. That reminds me, has he called you?

Avni froze hearing about him. She didn't wanna talk about him to anyone.

Avni took a deep breath and replies to Nandini.

Avni : I don't wanna talk about him Bhabhi.

Nandini : you don't have to Avni. Hearing your words, I can guess he hasn't. He might be busy. Even he hasn't called me. You will get through this. Be strong!

Avni didn't knew how to express what she was feeling at this moment, she felt her hope was dying each day as it passed. How can she give herself hope that it can work between them. She just couldn't think.

Avni : leave all that! What have thought about coming back? You know I will be going back too. Please try to come before that with Bhai. I wanna see you both before going back.

Nandini : I will speak to Manik and see if something can be arrange. Don't lose hope. We are there with you.

Bidding bye to each other Avni keeps her phone on side table and gets down the bed.

~

Hope you liked the chapter.

Vote and inline comments

~