Avni silently watched them. She sat opposite them with pillow in her lap. Neil looks at her and passed a small smile.

Neil : come here avni..

Avni moves to him and sat beside him.

Avni : how did this happen? The wound is pretty bad and painful.

Neil chuckles.

Neil : this is nothing what I have faced in army avni. Trust me I'm fine. This wound will heal in few months as the doctor said.

Avni : why are you taking this so lightly Neil? How can you think like that? This is painful.

Neil : why are you worrying avni? This pain is nothing to me what I have been through. Believe me.

Avni : wanna have something?

Neil : can I get glass of water please?

Avni nodding her head moves to kitchen while Neil watched her leave.

Neil ( mind) I know what you are feeling avni but all these needs to stop.. you and I can't be a couple. You need to realise now or never.

Neil comes back of his thought as he heard her voice. He thanking her drank the water using his left hand.

Avni : how did you get hurt? If you don't mind me asking you?

Neil : I don't mind it avni.. I got shot while I was saving the girls..

Avni nods her head and thought of something.

Avni : you should take some rest.. I'll cook something for you.. you must haven't had any lunch.

Neil : no it's fine. Avni! I'm not hungry.

Avni : go and take some rest.

Neil sighs and moves to his room. Avni eyes brimmed with fresh tears as her gaze fell on his wounded hand.

She wipes her tears off and went to kitchen to prepare something for Neil.

Neil moving to his room wanted to fresh up but couldn't because of the pain that suddenly decided to kick in.

Neil bitting his lip and suppressing the pain reached end of the t-shirt and tried pulling off but couldn't.. Neil sighs and sat back on bed.

Neil snaps his head up as he heard footsteps. He found avni walking into his room.

He saw her putting the food tray down.

Avni : why are you sitting like that Neil? Didn't I tell you to rest.

Neil : I want to fresh up first.. but the pain isn't allowing.. can you please call one of men?

Avni : why do you need some men to help you? I can help you out.

Neil's eyes widen and was shocked as he heard her.

Avni : I mean.. I can help only if you are comfortable.

Neil thought for a moment then nodded his head. Neil stood up and avni comes close to him. Neil puts his arms up as avni holding the end of the t- shirt helps pulls over his head.. avni tried her best not blush to seeing him shirtless.. she bits her inner cheek and getting new pair of clothes made him wear it.

She then looks at Neil who had his strong gaze on her.

Neil : thank you.. I'll get change then come..

He said taking his sweatpants and walking to washroom.

Avni's cheeks were red as Neil shut the washroom door..

Avni mentally cursed herself.

Neil comes back from the washroom laid back back on bed. As he laid on bed avni brought the food on the bed.

Avni : have this..

Neil : how will I eat? I mean...

Avni : I can call someone for you?

Neil : is that so? You didn't feel right to call someone when I wanted to change but now you will be calling someone to feed me avni?

He said suppressing his smile making avni blush again.. this time she couldn't control it. He watched her cheeks turning into hue red..

Neil opens his mouth to speak but stopped as his phone rang.. he took his phone out and putting on the speaker spoke.

Neil : hello sir!

Caller : Neil mission is successful in Delhi.. I  have another mission for you.. that is also in Delhi.

Neil : what is it sir?

Caller : the mission is quite different from the previous one Neil..

Neil : sir that doesn't matter.. you know whatever challenges comes I willingly take it. What's the  mission?

Caller : in Delhi.. there is camp where boys and girls were being trained to be army officer.. and the main leader of the campus had to quiet due to some health problem.. and they have contacted me to wanting you to lead the campus .. this camp will give two months off Neil.. you will be leading the campus with your team. They have also been informed about this.. and I'm aware of your injury.. it won't pressure you much.

Neil: sir, I'll take it! Can you please forward me more details of this campus.

Caller : I knew it you wouldn't say no. Thank you Neil.. off course I'll forward more information.

Neil hangs up the call once he was done talking. He looks at avni who was in deep thoughts.

Neil calls her name out.

Neil : avni.. avni..

Avni : huh!

Neil : what are you thinking? You seems lost.

Avni : ah, nothing... what is this camp about?

Neil : training for army... more like gaining more knowledge and experiencing how army life is like. It is like life experience which has been happening a lot.. many young girls and boys participate to over come their fears.. it's nice way to do it.

Avni : oh. Let me feed you then you can take rest.

Neil nodded his head. Avni sat opposite him and starts feeding him.

Avni gave him water once he was done eating. Avni then taking the food tray went down. She soon came back and saw Neil sleeping.

She smiles and covering him with duvet and patting his head lightly left the room.

~

Hope you have enjoyed the chapter?

Vote and inline comments.