Embarrassment and envy

Three days later, Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian were approaching the brother's mother's house, their hands laden with breakfast that Lan WangJi had cooked for them.

"This is more than the three of us can eat," Wei WuXian remarked, looking at the number of pots and bowls they were carrying.

"Mn."

"I can eat what's left," Wei WuXian promised.

"Generous."

Wei WuXian laughed. "I need to eat a lot, so I have energy for you later."

Lan WangJi looked at his impish face and smiled. "Mn."

They reached the house and knocked on the open door frame. Lan XiChen was sitting at his writing table, and looked up, alarmed.

"WangJi... Wei WuXian... you're here."

"You've been ill for three days. We brought breakfast. Lan Zhan cooked."

Lan XiChen rose, consternation still on his face, and motioned them toward the dining table in the main room. Lan XiChen and Wei WuXian set their food bowls on the table and sat, Lan WangJi neatly, folding his robes elegantly, and Wei WuXian sprawling carelessly.

"You didn't really need to—" Lan XiChen began.

The door to the bed chamber slid open and Xie XiYue stumbled out, wearing only Lan XiChen's undershirt, long enough on him to cover him to his mid thigh. The shirt gaped open at his chest and revealed a slice of his torso and the many love bites adorning it. More love bites marched up his legs inside his thighs up until they disappeared under the hem of the shirt. His hair was tousled, his skin flushed pink, his body clearly having spent hours in pleasure in the near past.

"Lan Huan... come back to bed," Xie XiYue said rubbing his eyes, his voice still rough from sleep. 

Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian clapped their hands over each other's eyes at the same time.

"Xie XiYue!" Lan XiChen sprung up and covered Xie XiYue with his body, spreading his robes to shield him, only noticing belatedly that there was no need for it.

Xie XiYue squeaked, and peeked at the guests from behind Lan XiChen's broad torso, then ducked back behind him again. "I'm sorry," he whispered, mortified, "I didn't know you weren't alone."

"It is fine. Go get dressed," Lan XiChen said, and pushed him gently toward the bed room. Xie XiYue bobbed his head and fled.

Lan XiChen walked back to the table and sat, fussing about with his robes longer than necessary. When he finally dared to lift his eyes, he had to look down again at the knowing look on both faces.

"So this is what you have been doing for the past three days," Wei WuXian. "Three days! This why Lan Zhan had to step in? I thought you were sick!"

"Stewed plums, my favourite," Lan XiChen said faintly, and ladled some to the bowl in front of him.

Wei WuXian was now smirking openly. "How long has this been going on? With a student, no less." Wei WuXian shook his head with mock judgement.

"It is not... it is not what you think. Xie XiYue... he is... we..."

"How long has he been warming your bed?" Wei WuXian asked gleefully. The Twin Jades of Lan were both so controlled and mindful of the thousands of rules in Cloud Recesses, so that now that the older brother had also cracked, Wei WuXian couldn't stop gloating.

"Wei Ying!" Lan WangJi chastised him, and Lan XiChen lifted his head to glare at him.

"No! It's not like that!" Xie XiYue cried, stopping at the doorway, his face aghast, his robes clearly thrown on with haste, his hair still rough at the back. Wei WuXian smirked and popped a slice of apple into his mouth, chewing as he looked from Xie XiYue to Lan XiChen and back.