Lan WangJi's life, part 2

Wei WuXian tested Lan WangJi's self control every day. He was a infuriating, irreverent, reckless, and completely irresistible. 

But did Wei WuXian really have to push Lan WangJi down and to lay fully on top of him, cupping his mouth with his hand, just to hide? It wasn't fair. Lan WangJi could hardly breathe, the scent of Wei WuXian enveloping him, the feel of Wei WuXian's long, slender limbs against his making him dizzy even as Lan WangJi lay down. Some of Lan WangJi 's consternation must have shown on his usually immobile face, and Wei WuXian responded with glee.

"Er-gege," Wei WuXian whispered, and Lan WangJi lost his ability to breathe for a moment. It sounded so intimate, so playful, so erotic, which the wicked look in Wei WuXian's eyes didn't help. 

"Er-gege," Wei WuXian whispered again, his voice hot against Lan WangJi's ear, and he had to close his eyes.

"Er-gege..." 

Lan WangJi could no longer bear it and he flipped them around. "Anymore, and you will be silenced." 

As his hands were holding both of Wei WuXian's, braced against the ground, the threat was clear, he could only use his lips for it. They both froze, their eyes locked on each other. But the moment was broken when danger appeared and they had to take action. But the feel of Wei WuXian lying under him, wouldn't leave Lan WangJi, and he began to hope. 

Then it all came crashing down.

They were visiting Lotus Pier, Wei WuXian's childhood home, and Wei WuXian took him on a tour around the place. Reminiscing, Wei WuXian climbed a tree, describing a moment from his childhood, and without warning leapt down, Lan WangJi reacting just in time to catch him. Wei WuXian clung to him with both arms, both stunned for a moment, unable to move. 

Eventually, Wei WuXian continued their tour and their steps lead them to the ancestral hall of Lotus Pier, where Lan WangJi bowed in front of Wei WuXian's adoptive parents. Wei Ying, do you know what this means? Are you presenting me to the spirits of your parents?

Then came a harsh voice. "I don't care if you act so shamelessly outside, but don't you dare fool around inside our ancestral hall, before my parents' spirits!"

"Shamelessly?" Wei WuXian asked, turning around to face Jiang Cheng, his adoptive brother.

Jiang Cheng pointed outside, "Mess around outside however you want, whether under a tree or on a boat, hugging or otherwise! Get out of my sect, get out of anywhere my eyes can see!"

Lan WangJi felt his heart stop, had Jiang Cheng seen them?

He almost missed the harsh words Jiang Cheng flung into his direction, but he didn't miss Wei WuXian's angry reply. "Jiang WanYin, you... apologize right now."

"Apologize? For what? For exposing your thing for each other?"

"HanGuang-Jun is only my friend—what do you think we are?!"

Lan WangJi froze. HangGuang-Jun. He had been dreaming but now it was over. The formal title. Friend. That word. How such a kind word could hurt so much.

Lan WangJi's head bowed. He would cherish Wei WuXian forever, and would try to be what Wei WuXian needed him to be, even if it meant never being more than what they were at that moment.

The next time Wei WuXian offered Lan WangJi a drink, he accepted. Perhaps it would help Lan WangJi forget his painful one-sided love for Wei WuXian. With relief, Lan WangJi let his head fall to the table, as his consciousness fled away after just half a cup of the alcohol, just as they both knew it would. Wei WuXian would take care of him, was his final thought.