The new talisman

"Lan Zhan... When did you fall in love with me? Was it when we were young?"

"Mn," Lan WangJi agreed, stroking Wei WuXian's sweaty back. They had rolled into bed right after dinner, and now they were lying limply after their fourth joining that night, Wei WuXian wincing a little at the well used feeling he had on his backside. Lan WangJi did not hold back, lasting longer with each consecutive session than the one before.

"Was it when when you caught me drinking Emperor's Smile in Cloud Recesses? Or when you stole my first kiss in Phoenix mountain? Or was it when we lit the lantern together and made a wish to live with no regrets?"

"Mn."

"Were you always in love with me?" Wei WuXian turned to look at Lan WangJi, his eyes soft. He cupped Lan WangJi's face in both hands and peered into the depths of his eyes, those eyes that looked at him like no one ever had.

"Yes, Wei Ying."

"Oh, Lan Zhan..." Wei WuXian sighed, his heart aching for all the time they lost, first because he himself was so blind to Lan WangJi's feelings for him, then because he was... well, dead. "We lost so much time," he mourned.

"Mn. We still have 9490 times to catch up, two for each day."

Wei WuXian turned to look at him in horror. "Times? You mean...?"

"You were gone 4745 days. If we make love four times a day, we need six years, six months and two days to catch up for the times we missed."

"Four times a day. Every day?"

"Every day."

"Lan Zhan! I can't manage that! I will be sore! I already am sore!"

"We have that new ointment," lan wangJi pointed out. Their tests on both flavours of the new product had been a huge success, and before they had left town, Lan WangJi had gone back and bought the herbalist's entire supply of all four flavours he had. Lan WangJi had also told the flustered seller that they would be passing by the town again in a month, and to stock up accordingly.

"It helps, of course, but..."

"You were gone for 13 years," Lan WangJi said, his eyes bleak for a moment.

Wei WuXian's heart softened. "Maybe we can have a few extra times tonight."

"Even I have limits, Wei Ying," Lan WangJi said with a slight smile.

"Well," Wei WuXian said, glancing at Lan WangJi, "I have been working on something..." He snapped his fingers and a talisman flew over from the top of the dresser.

"What is this?"

"A new talisman I made. I combined the characters for vigour, endurance and that one I made for the man who could no longer perform his duties as a husband, remember? It's for you." Wei WuXian held the talisman up between his fingers. "Do you want to try?"

"Wei Ying! It is very dangerous to make new talismans like this!"

Wei WuXian smiled confidently. "They have worked so far, haven't they?" Before Lan WangJi had time to argue, Wei WuXian made a complicated move with his fingers and sent the talisman into Lan WangJi's chest.

12 hours later...

Wei WuXian was lying limply on top of Lan WangJi, both panting, covered in sweat and their releases, their mouths parched. Wei WuXian couldn't feel his backside, and he was almost certain his back had dissolved into a liquid.

"I think..." Wei WuXian panted, "I think I made it too strong. How many... how many times was that?"

"Fifteen." Lan WangJi sounded as smug as only someone who had been hard for twelve hours straight and satisfied his lover for fifteen times in a row could.

"Fifteen..." Wei WuXian replied weakly. He made a move to get up.

"Where are you going?"

"To burn that talisman. This is the only copy of the inscription."

Lan WangJi pulled him back. "Just make it half as strong next time."

"Half? That's still six hours!"

"Mn."

"I could make it half as strong again? Only three hours?" Wei WuXian said hopefully.

Lan WangJi's look could have withered crops.

Wei chuckled weakly. "Oh, right. You don't need a talisman for that."

"No."

Wei WuXian thought again. "I think I need to create a talisman for me."

"For you?" Lan WangJi looked alarmed for a moment.

"Something to increase endurance... and maybe healing. So that I can keep up with you, Lan Zhan. No regrets, remember?"

Lan Zhan smiled one of his rare smiles, and Wei WuXian knew he had done well.

Five years, eight months and twelve days later...

"We have now made up for the time we lost," Lan WangJi said, stroking Wei WuXian's sweaty back lovingly.

"The time we lost?"

"Mn."

"What, you mean sex?"

"Mn."

"You kept count all this time?"

"Mn."

"Does that mean that you want fewer times per day from now on? Only the two times per day you calculated?" Wei WuXian's horrified tone made the corners of Lan WangJi's mouth twitch.

"Don't be ridiculous, Wei Ying."

-- 

A/N:

There you have it, magical viagra. ;)

The gif is from that lantern lighting scene. The way Lan WangJi looks at Wei WuXian... <3