Cell-phones and Society

So recently one of my friends, who is in high school right now, has lost his phone for a day. Me being me, i had to ask how his day went. From his story, it made me realize how much we really need cell phones. Most of us, like me, use their cell phone for next to everything. Whether its work, or personal, or school or whatever, you need it for something.

   So, his day went that at the begining of the day, he needed it. Not even half way to the bus stop, (hes working on buying a car) he realized he forgot a folder for something at home. See, it would be easier to call his mum or siblings to bring it half way out, but no. He had to walk all the way back to his house, run inside and grab the folder, and run back to the bus stop. Oh, i cant imagine the pain he had to walk. HALF A BLOCK! well a block really. A BLOCK!!! Oh wow, hes a strong one.

   The next terrible thing, was during a class, i believe it was Language Arts, when he needed to look up words for their deffinitions. The teacher apperently said "Okay class, take out your phones and use them to find deffinitions of these following words." So, if you didnt have a smart phone you would think that she has some dictionaries. Being it WAS language arts. But no, no dictionaries in the entire class room! Now, i dont know if he was making that part up or not, but i find that hard to believe. But even if she had a dictionary, is it really that hard to flip through the book and find a word? Yep.

   Now the terrible thing after that, is...i cant say it. its to terrible. But you know, i have to. Finding his friends during lunch. Gasp. yes. isnt it terrible? Its just...so terrible. Because you know, its just so hard to walk around and find someone you know. I felt so bad for him, my heart dropped. I just wanted to give him my phone. But he had his anyway. He said he had to wait 5 minutes at his table, all alone, and wait for his friends to come. And apperently, they were late. So he had to wait 10 minutes alone! Sad.

   If that was a day for a 9th grader guy then what would a day be like when a lawyer or some other job that requires a phone, loses theirs for a day? would they go insane and just pull their hair out? probably.  Which brings me to this, when did americans become so dependent on cell-phones? Not just americans, anyone really. Was it when they made things easier to communicate to others with? or when they became portable? Or when key boards were installed into them? Nah- that couldnt be it. Could it? Maybe, maybe.

      Kids and adults alike are growing more and more attacheted to these things. Im not saying im not like that. i couldnt leave my phone alone for more than a week. i tried that, and i thought that i would get spammed with messages, in realiety i got 2. So sad. But anyway, cell-phones, we just get more and more attached to them. I got my first one when i was, i think in first grade. Only because my parents were divorced and my dad wasnt the best person in the world to be around. Now, when i got mine, i would never wish a kid that early to have one. Now, a few days ago, i ran into a kinderguardner who had an iphone. i didnt get my first iphone until last September. Each generation, becomes more and more attacheted to phones.

    Im very curious on how the radiation waves  is going to effect the gerneration that had a cellphone around them all their lifes. How long the life span is going to be and stuff. im not saying anything bad, im just curious.Cellphones arent a bad thing, but when you start having more than 2 and you are 2 years old, i think society needs to take a break and step back from the progress of technology.