alexis

"ally, hurry! we're going to be late," alexis heard isabel bellow down the corridor.

alexis, still in their bedroom, sighed and hitched her bag full of belongings higher up onto her shoulder as she stared one last time into their mirror.

leaving home for boarding school was the thing she least wanted to do-

never mind the fact that the boarding school she and her sister were being sent to was k-12 of all places.

k-12 was the most famous sleepaway school throughout america-

for all the wrong reasons.

the school was much rumoured about. barely anybody knew what went on beyond its golden gates, and those who did seemed too traumatized to speak of it.

however, academically, the school was still one of the most highly praised in the country, which meant many parents still packed their children off to k-12 every semester.

this would be be alexis and her twin sister isabel's first ever semester in any sleepaway school. neither of them knew anyone else who would be there.

alexis was nervous.

"ally!" isabel called again. alexis groaned and hurried out to where her sister was stood by the front door, tapping her foot impatiently.

"we're gonna miss the bus," isabel reprimanded.

in a louder voice she added, "bye mama! love you!"

there was a hum of response that their mother echoed back from the kitchen. the two girls shrugged in unison before swinging their schoolbags over their shoulders and heading outside, down the road to the bus stop.

onto the pastel pink school bus,

away to k-12.