Chapter three - Hogsmeade

James wasn't sure when to stop running so he stopped once he got to Hogsmeade. He found a bench outside of a shop and sat there and allowed his mind to process all that had just happened. He wasn't sure how long he had been inside the Library of Time but it sure felt nice to run for a long time in fresh air. He let out a breath of air and got up, used a spell to hide his snake eye that he had had since birth, and prepared himself for a lot of talking.
He walked into a pub that looked promising called The Three Broomsticks and walked up to the counter.
"Hello, what can I get for y-" Madame Rosmerta started warmly but stopped short when she actually saw James. Apparently hiding his snake eye did nothing for hiding his identity. "Merlin's beard the rumors are true! B-but you should be much older!"
James was shocked as to still being recognized. He assumed too many people had seen him before he had been in the Library of Time. Regardless, he regarded her coldly. "What year is it?"
"It...it's 2012 but-" She stammered
"Thank you" James promptly turned around and headed for the door"
"Are you really...The Dark Lord's son...?" Madame Rosmerta asked tentatively
James bowed with a smirk and whisked out the door.

Once he got out the door, James let out a breath of air. "Twenty years! That cursed woman trapped me in there for twenty years! He slumped against the wall in frustration and allowed his mind to wander. 'Twenty years huh? Father must be dead if he's not ruling the world by now.' He thought to himself. He had a sudden rush of memories. He remembered his father, abusive and cold, training him day and night to become as powerful as he was. He remembered the day he found out he could use powers without a wand. Voldemort wasn't proud, like most fathers would be, Voldemort was just happy that he had another pawn in his great plan. James remembered his mother, not quite as cold as Lord Voldemort but still just as ambitious. He remembered being told all his life that he was destined for greatness and power. All that seemed to go down the drain once he shoved into the Library of Time. Suddenly he remembered his home, if you could even call it that. Voldemort was the most powerful wizard of his time, so naturally he was extremely rich, and as you'd expect from someone so rich, he had several mansions. The largest of which, James grew up in. He remembered his house elves too. There were seven of them. 5 boys and 2 girls. Why his father needed so many, he still had no idea. He wondered how many were still loyal to his family. He wondered if his house was still even standing or if his belongings were still in it. Regardless, he needed to find a way back to his former home, as that's where his wand is. Hopefully. Sure, he could do magic with his hands but his magic was much more powerful with a wand. He could remember his house and the surroundings around it but he couldn't for the life of him remember the way to it. He knew that it was somewhat close to Hogwarts but beyond that, he was clueless. He got up, cleared his throat, and headed towards a couple on the road that had been pretending not to notice him.