I wanted to tell her just how wrong she was with that statement and that father of the baby was going to be sitting across the table from her, smiling and laughing as though he had done nothing wrong. He was going to sit there, and he was going to get to continue with the life which he had made for himself, because he had made his opinion more than clear during our earlier conversation.

"Yeah. Him," I muttered as I walked off up the stairs, ignoring the shouts from my father as he demanded to know the name of the boy I had slept with, because he wanted to ensure that he didn't get another girl pregnant in the future. I knew that would solve nothing and it would only make this situation worse than it already was, and that was something which I wanted to avoid right now, given that my father had invited Matthew's family around for dinner.

I couldn't believe that my mother had invited Braydon over as well, the very same eighteen-year-old she had sworn was never going to step foot in this house while there still breath in her body, because neither of my parents liked him and they didn't like me with him either. They had, more than once, told me that our relationship was toxic and they would never accept him as part of the family—I guess that was what pushed me even closer to Braydon, because he was never going to be seen as part of the family, not in the way Charlotte was, but then I wasn't seen as part of the family either and that's why it worked.

I knew that I loved him because, if I didn't feel anything for him, then the thought of losing of him wouldn't hurt as much as it did right now. I knew that I had cheated, and that was wrong and I would understand if he did never want to see me again, but I was almost in tears as I thought of what my life would be like without Braydon around.

I honestly didn't know what I was do if he was to leave me. Despite the constant arguments which happened between us, usually over the smallest of things and because of something which I had done, he had still been there for me when I needed him. It didn't matter what the time of day was, he was there when I needed him, because he loves me and I know that he loves me.

"Clo?" I heard him before I saw him, the rough and broken voice of Braydon, and all I wanted to do was cry. I watched as he walked across the room, the piercing in his left ear glinting in the little light there was in my room and his hair, which I kept telling him he needed to get cut, was all over the place and as messy as it always was. "What's happened, baby?"

"I'm sorry, Bray, I really am. I never asked for this and I didn't want it to happen," I hoped that begging would be enough to make him stay. I didn't care how pathetic it made me, or even how low it made me feel, begging was the only way I knew how to keep Braydon in my life and hope that he would be able to forgive me for my foolish mistake.

"What the hell are you talking about? Why are you apologising?"

"You are going to leave me, and I don't want you to leave me. I would never be able to cope without you," I gripped at his arms, sobbing into his shoulder, knowing that I was broken. I was pathetic and I was broken, and it was a wonder that anyone wanted to be in a relationship with me.

"Tell me what's happened, and then I can tell you whether I am going to leave you," Braydon sighed, though I am sure he knew what was coming before it even happened.

"I slept with someone else while I was drunk," I barely whispered the words out and Braydon moved his arms from around me, pushing me away from him by my shoulders so that I was now looking into his eyes, and I was faced with both the anger and the hurt which I had caused as a result of my careless actions, "and now I am pregnant with his baby."

I understood now why I was despised by my parents. It was because I broke the things which meant the most to me and I was the reason for so much pain, and after overhearing many a conversation between my mother and father, I knew that I was reason for the currently failing marriage. I was the mistake which pushed the both of them over the edge and, since the day I had been born, a rift had appeared between my parents; I was the reason they were now discussing divorce as an option to end their misery.