Chapter 39

"I've been feeling pain for so long, I done became numb"
-Rod Wave

——————

Ruby's POV

If looks could kill I would be six feet under by now. The both of them stood in front of me with smirks on their face.

Both of them circled around me as Aaron stood there quietly. He mouthed me an apology as she stroked my hair and occasionally pulled on my strands.

My eyes bulged out in surprise as they kept on making laps around me. The menacing steps they were taking didn't make the situation better.

Yolanda and her so called boyfriend stood in front of me with pure hate in their eyes.

I didn't see this coming.

My best friend was the one that paid Aaron to kidnap me. She is the one who photoshopped Noah and I having sex.

What I don't understand is, what's her motive?

"You have something I want and I want it now"

"What do I have?"

"Noah. I want him."

I looked at her like she lost her mind. They were cousins. Why would she want him? Is this some Alabama shit. Man I knew she had a country side to her.

"Noah is your cousin Yolanda. Why would you want him?"

"You're such a dumbass Ruby. Noah isn't really my cousin, he's my ex boyfriend. I just told you he was my cousin so you wouldn't be suspicious of how close we were. You didn't even question me or ask Noah about it, you believed me"

She said as she laughed. She's right, I just thought they were actually cousins without a second thought. I just trusted her so much that I didn't see the point in me questioning her about her relatives.

"What's the point of this? It's not like he actually wants you."

"Noah and I were destined to be together. Before you came along I was Noah's girlfriend. The moment he caught a glance at you he broke up with me. We were supposed to get married too"

I could see the anger in her eyes. Off to the corner of the room I could Nathaniel, her 'boyfriend', playing with a pistol on a table.

This is how I'm really going to end my life. I'm stuck in a cage with my ex best friend about to let her boyfriend kill me while my ex boyfriend watches in silence.

"I thought we were sister. We're both black girls for crying out loud. What's the purpose of Doing all of this? Killing me isn't going to make Noah fall for you."

"Do we look like sister? Bitch I'm not black, I'm OJ. Killing you will open Noah's eyes. He was never meant to be with you, I'm supposed to be the one getting married to him, not you."
(A/N: Yolanda Is black. The OJ reference is what some light skinned people use to separate themselves from dark skin people.)

The disbelief that was on my face was unmatched at the moment. Yolanda is really this crazy ass bitch that wanted Noah to herself all along. The look of pure hatred for me was evident in her face.

This whole time Aaron's ass was in the corner of the room bitting his nails like a bitch. He's the one that has the keys to this cage and the warehouse.

As I was in deep thought I felt a hard slap to my face. I looked up at Yolanda in surprise. She had the same crooked smirk she had on her face when she walked in here.

It was then I realized that the cage was opened. Nathaniel led me to a seat that was situated in the middle of the warehouse. I felt him attach my hands to the chair with handcuffs.

I began looking around the room, searching for some sort of way to escape. As I scanned the room I came across a broken bottom in the corner of the room and a big window that was to the left of me.

Aaron slowly walked around the room which started to make me nervous. He was now behind Yolanda and Nathaniel, looking anxiously around the room.

He gave me a thumbs up then he nodded at me. He picked up one of the knives that are on the table and got ready to stab Yolanda. The moment he lifted it up both Nathaniel and Yolanda turned around.

He quickly put the knife down and began scratching the back of his head. He played it off and started twisting the knife on his finger. The disgusted look he gave me made Yolanda smile.

"Think fast"

She said as she threw a knife at me. It landed on the wall behind me only missing my head by half an inch. That was a very close call.

To be honest, nothing she does to me can match amount of pain my foster parents put me through back in New York.

I'm used to fighting for my life every day so this makes no difference. Back then I used to pray that I die but now, I have a whole lot of things to fight for.

Nathaniel took a razor blade and started walking towards me. He sharpened the sides with a huge smile on his face while Yolanda started putting bullets in her gun.

"This will only pinch"

He said as he put the razor blade to my neck. I looked away, not wanting to focus on the razor blade that was about to enter my neck. Before he could dig it in my neck Aaron stopped him.

"Can I have some alone time with her? I can't let her sexy body go to waste"

"Whatever Aaron, she's going to be dead in a few minutes away"

Both Yolanda and Nathaniel walked out, leaving Aaron and I in the room. He picked up a knife and started walking closer to me. I thought he was going to hurt me until he cut the rope that was added around my waist. He then took out the key for the handcuffs and set me free.

"Come on, let's go. You don't have much time"

He lead me to the huge window that was in the corner of the room. He lifted me up and placed me on the window sill. I unlocked the window and got ready to jump out.

"Thank you for helping me escape, even though you did kidnap me"

I jumped out the window in one swift motion. I expected to land on my feet but, I landed flat on my face. Both of my wigs now had dirt embedded in them.

I heard Yolanda screaming from where I was standing which motivated me to start running. I ran as far as my feet could take me. It was only ten feet but, I pushed myself to run further.

When I was a couple miles away from the warehouse I began to walk. The sun was no longer up. Because of daylight saving the sun comes down at six o'clock.

As I was walking a black car slowed down next to me. I began running away, trying to get away from the car. The driver only pressed on the gas the faster I ran.

"Baby, it's me"

I stopped running when I realized it was Noah. I ran to the car like my life depended on it. He tightly wrapped me in arms like I was going to disappear if he let go.

"I'm sorry this happened to you. If it wasn't for my player ways you wouldn't have gotten kidnapped"

"You're absolutely right"

"You're suppose to disagree with me"

"But, you said was the truth"

He gave me a bright smile before he kissed me. He led me to his car then, he immediately turned on the air conditioner.

"So, what are we going to do about Yolanda and Nathaniel?"

"I have a couple ideas"

I said with an evil smile on my face. Let's just say revenge is best served on a big plate of 'bitch you're going to die'.