Chapter 3

Charlotte's P.O.V

"And the x goes here...."

I kept dozing off in maths class. I slip in and out of sleeping, waking up only to find a pen on my cheek. I am definitely not interested in helping Mr X solve his problem.

Dave nudged my elbow. He sits beside me in class. Like for every period. "You know Physical Education is next right?" He tried. I nodded sleepily and stared at my notebook. Only a bracket and a streak of blue ink. I forced myself to open my eyes and write down whatever shitty equation there is on the board. Believe me, I don't do well in Maths.

Argh. My back ached again. It hurts really bad. I even felt like opting out of PE class today. It feels like my back is getting heavier and heavier. Sheesh.

As I stood up to change to PE attire after Math, a sudden force pulled me down back to my seat. My classmates suddenly widened their eyes and gasped. A girl at the corner, maybe Helen, fainted. Feeling as confused as a leaf in a whirlwind, I touched my back.

Oh my gawd.

I felt feathers and bone? It felt strange, and it only came out from the right side. I tried to stand up. As i turned to my right, the thing on my back crashed into some tables and papers. I was destroying the class with every move.

"Um, you might wanna check this out..." Yasmine, who sits behind me, passed me her iphone as she was shaking. Her pale face kinda hinted to me it wasn't good.

The picture on the screen shows something like an angel wing sprouting out from my back. Except that this is just a one-sided wing. My classmates were all outside the class, not wanting to go near me. Whats going on? I felt depressed.

This must be a dream. This must be a dream.

I pinched myself hard but I winced. This isn't a dream! This seriously can't be happening. Suddenly, the class ceiling tore open and in came a human-like winged creature. It grabbed me by the waist and carried me away from the classroom and into the sky. I screamed. "What are you doing? Let me go!" I kicked and it flinched.

The clouds slowly fogged my vision and i couldn't see or feel anything but the strong arm around my waist on its shoulder. I tried to see the creature clearer.

Its...its...its...a human...?

It, I mean he, had messy blond ashen hair and he wore something what ancient Greeks would wear. There was an ivy wreath around his hands.

Suddenly, I felt drowsy and before I knew it, I fell into the sleeping trap.