Chapter 10

Nikel's P.O.V

I straightened my ivy wreath and stared hard at the woman who was supposedly the Oracle. She looked quite different from what I expected.

Charlotte sat down on a wooden stool that suddenly appeared on the other side of the table. The Oracle swished her robe over the crystal ball and it glowed even brighter than before. Then, it started to show a Centaur with a long spear.

"He is your father." The Oracle spoke.

Charlotte reached her fingertips out and touched the crystal. Her eyes filled with sorrow and regret. I patted her back.

"Wait, where are my parents now?"

The crystal ball changed into a scene in a dungeon. The walls were scratched at, and a centaur was chained to the walls. A griffith was also tied to the walls with its claws, screeching for help.

"No! Why are they-"

"They must have been caught by the Evil ones. I guess they won't be returning to Earth."

"I need to help them! Now!"

Charlotte screamed and tears fell from her face as she trashed about in her seat. "Calm down Charlotte! We need to think of a plan if we want to rescue them!"

Her parents...they were locked up in some sort of dungeon. Wait, then it should be in the Wingardium! All we need to do is to cross over the Dark side border.

Easier said than done, actually.

No angel has ever returned out of there when they venture beyond the border. Even though us messengers travel, we rarely pass good to the Dark side. And even if we do, we only pass them to the guards.

"Will...will they get out alive? What am I supposed to do? I'm supposed to save your world, right?"

The Oracle placed her arm on Charlotte.

"It's your world too. You hold a curse...however, that can be broken when you defeat the Dark Seeker."

"Then tell me, tell me how!" Her voice sounded like a desperate cry for help.

"I do not have all the answers my dear."

Charlotte's P.O.V

I grit my teeth. I slowly realised I must have came here for a purpose, to stop all of this madness. Obviously luck wasn't giving me any chances and if I have to fight, I'll need to fight with my own will and power, along with all the help I need.

I looked at Nikel, then the Oracle. "At least tell me where I have to start. Please, you have to help me. I'm still not that strong and I have very much to learn."

The Oracle gazed at my eyes. "You will go through a series of dangers and downfalls, but I can see a certain spirit in you that I haven't seen for ages."

"Head over to the Guardsmen at the Wingardium Gate and ask for Tenka. Hurry, you don't have all day."

She didn't need to remind me. I was already on my way out.

// AAAHHH sorry for the super long hiatus!//