Chapter 2

Charlotte P.O.V

I smoothened the rumpled creases of my white school uniform and walked out of the left. The sky was slowly showing hints of light blue. Crickets were chirping among the wet grass as I walked along the stone pathway.

Its only 6:10 a.m. in the morning and I am already making my way to school. Here, school officially starts at 7:15 a.m. and I have to reach there before 7. Its a bit weird.

As I was waiting for the public bus, an old woman stopped beside me. There was no one else in the bus stop. She held tons of metal trinkets with bells. Her hand looks as if it was burnt a couple of times.

Her eyes were red.

That kinda shook me out of my sleepy state and I slowly moved a few steps away. I mean, it was seriously BRIGHT RED for goodness sake, and you don't see that everyday you know. She somehow felt my fear but moved closer to me. I decided not to move another inch, cause I don't want her to get any closer to me. Its not like I despise her or anything, but its seriously creepy. I keep getting the chills.

I was hoping for the bus to come faster.

Suddenly she whispered something barely audible but I somehow caught it. "I got you now, and you can't run away," she hissed. Ok, thats it. The bus came and I quickly ran to the entrance. Matt, a good friend of mine, looked out of the window and waved to me.

I sat next to him and felt immensely relieved. Matt looked at me, bewildered. "Hey, you look really pale."

"Yeah, I know. There was this creepy old woman next to me."

He stared at me.

"Theres no one there, what are you talking about?"

"What do you mean? I swear she was beside me. She even whispered to me."

"Nooooooo I swear there was no one."

I doubt him. Maybe the woman left when I was running. But why? Why is she even there is first place? Maybe she gave up on waiting for the bus or something.

Oh who cares.