Chapter 27: So What Exactly Happened?

Start from the beginning

We walk a little bit longer, and approach a gate. Matt takes a key from his pocket, and puts it in the padlock, unlocking the gate. He pushes it open, gestures for me to go in first, and then comes in after me. Matt closes the gate, and then flips a switch. Then a plethora of lights go off, nearly blinding me. My eyes take a minute to adjust to the light, and when they do, it registers in my brain what we’re gonna be doing. The weird carnie music, and the fluorescent lights are the main give away. Not to mention the huge windmill off a couple of hundreds of feet away from us. 

          “Mini-Golf?” I guess, looking up at him.

Matt nods a smile on his face. “Yeah. You like mini-golf don’t you?”

I sigh to myself; he really is a sweet boy, it’s just…I don’t wanna be his girlfriend. Like I said, he lives her in California, I live home in Dallas. Not to mention the whole Ryder situation. I mean, at least I don’t think I wanna be his girlfriend. He’s really nice and sweet and he’s not hard to look at, but…ugh! I wish I was still a kid. I used to want to grow up, but this shit is not what I signed up for.

I nod, silently answering Matt’s question. “Yeah, I like mini-golf.”

          “Good, I was hoping you would.”

Ryder’s Point of view

The door to my room opens, but I don’t open my eyes to see who it is. “Ryder, come on. Get up.” Todd’s voice tells me.

          “I’m sleeping.” I mutter, turning away from him.

          “You’re not sleeping; I know you’re just lying there.”

          “If you go, I’m sure I will eventually fall asleep.”

          “Well then, I guess you aren’t gonna get some sleep, because I’m not leaving.” He informs me.

I sigh, “Okay fine, stay. Whatever.”

          “Ryder, what the fuck is wrong with you? So you and your girlfriend broke up, it happens. It isn’t the end of the fucking world.”

I look over at him, narrowing my eyes. “Why don’t you and Chastity break up then, and then you come talk to me about how it isn’t the end of the world?”

          “Well,” Todd says, exhaling and sitting down on my desk chair. “if you had been honest with her, she wouldn’t have broken up with you.”

          “Is she here?”

          “Chastity? No she’s in Colorado with her parents, visiting her grandparents.”

I shake my head, staring out of my window into the darkness that is the sky, “I meant McKenna.”

“Oh,” He says. Then he adds a few minutes later, “No, she’s not here.”

          “But you know where she is?”

Todd sighs, “Yeah. Jacob told me.”

          “Where is she?”

          “It’s not important; it’ll only make you angry.”

I shrug, “I won’t get angry. Just tell me.”

          “I dunno Ryder.” He says, uneasily.

          “Todd. Tell me. I’m not gonna go find her, I’m just wondering.”