¥ 9 - Untouchable ¥

Começar do início

The look on Pan and Felix's faces were amusing to her, they were so annoyed by her presence and so utterly powerless to get rid of her. Aria joined Jacob and Edward as she ate and the Lost Boys asked her a manner of questions about her ability.

"How did you do it?" One asked.

"The island did it," she answered.

"So you're not magic?" Another asked.

"No, I'm not. Does that disappoint you?" Aria wondered.

"No, just what you did. It was amazing."

"Did he really try to kill you two more times yesterday?" Edward asked.

"Yeah, he tried to stab me and drown me."

"And you survived?" Jacob questioned.

"The key word here is tried. The island stopped him before he could do anything. If any of you boys are in trouble come find me," Aria offered. She didn't care if these boys had treated her harshly, they had to follow orders and any way to mess with Pan was a way to give him what he deserved. She'd already forgiven the Lost Boys, even Felix. She wasn't ready to forgive Pan yet, he hadn't even apologised, hadn't shown any remorse or guilt about how he abused her emotionally.

"Awfully chatty today boys," Pan remarked, walking by the fire. The Lost Boys fell silent under his watch and went back to eating. Aria wanted to stay and chat longer, but she figured Pan would eventually get rid of her by using the boys as leverage. She finished eating her fish and took the net bag with her for any future fishing trips. "See you around boys," she called out, raising a hand to say goodbye.

As she reached camp Aria had a guest yet again. "Do you intend on following me everywhere?" She moaned.

"Only until I figure out who you are," he told her.

"Well, fire away, ask me questions. The quicker you work it out, the quicker you leave me alone," Aria retorted.

"How are you supposed to answer if even you don't know," Pan reminded her.

Aria realised he was right. If she didn't know how could she answer? But then where would they start anyway? Aria hadn't thought too much about it all before, but now Pan was annoying her she wondered what the harm would be in finding out about what made her special.

"Okay, so let's start at the beginning. I found you and the Lost Boys in the forest."

"You heard the panpipes. What was your life like? Why could you hear them?"

"I don't know, I was a normal teen."

"Something must have been wrong, not just anybody hears them," Pan insisted

"Well nothing was wrong with me. I had a good home, lovely parents, friends," Aria defended.

"Something must have been wrong," he repeated.

Aria sat in thought as Pan watched her, hoping she could find an answer.

"Anything?" He prompted.

"You already know have anxiety. It made me feel lonely at times, I felt anxious going out, but it doesn't mean I wasn't happy. They were just moments," Aria dismissed.

"Your anxiety, how bad was it?" Pan asked.

Aria grew mad. How dare he ask her that after watching her suffering for his own amusement. "I'm surprised you even have to ask, these last few days are a perfect example of 'how bad' it is."

Silence.

"Still not apologising then. Come back when you develop emotions." Aria got up and put out the fire, storming towards the ladder and quickly climbing it to get Pan out of her sight.

"Wait—"

But she was already gone.

Pan did not like how he could not control this girl and currently she was his greatest threat. She was disrupting his camp and his order and he couldn't even punish her for it. What was worse was that he had no idea who she was, had never seen anything like her at all. He had driven her away from him and his continued lack of care seemed to infuriate her further. It was time he considered befriending her instead of becoming her enemy. Knowing he would not get through to her again tonight, he called it there and returned to his own treehouse.

As he played his panpipes on his balcony, Pan was unsure whether he was prepared to make peace with Aria. He knew the only way to get the anxious girl's trust would to be to give her his, to reveal more of himself than he would like. He could see now her mental strength was her greatest skill and that his attempt at mental torture would have to stop. And he would have to apologise. That was where he would start.