My breathing slowed a bit. He was so unbelievably beautiful. How could someone possibly be so good-looking?

And charming, and sweet, and comforting, and such an amazing kisser...

The plane suddenly shook again, harder this time than the last and the passengers around us gasped. The pilot's voice could be heard as he apologized for the turbulence, saying that the weather seemed to be a little more serious than they had originally anticipated.

I quickly looked out my window only to see that it was pouring rain and the sky was filled with lightning.

"Oh, my God, this is how I'm going to die," I said. My entire body was shaking.

The plane shook again, as there was a crashing roar of thunder outside. I let out a terrified shriek as tears started pouring out of my eyes.

"Belle, baby, come here," Grayson said frantically. I looked at him and saw that he was holding out his arm, wanting me to lean on him.

"What?" I asked shakily. "N-n-no!" Something gripped my hand tighter. I looked down to see that I was holding his hand with both of mine. I quickly let go and pushed it away from me.

Why was I so touchy with this dude?

He ran a hand through his hair as he watched me panic. He looked pained. "C'mon, Belle, don't make me do this. I promised I would never do this to my mate."

I grasped onto the wall behind me, hoping that it would stabilize my shaking body. "Do what?" I asked.

But then, there was a loud, thunderous, lightning bolt that I swear actually hit the plane because everything shook and there were people screaming and bags falling from the overhead compartments.

I screamed bloody murder and covered my face with my hands. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God," I sobbed. This was my literal worst nightmare.

"Belle," Grayson said. His voice was clearer than before and suddenly all other noises faded away. "Look at me."

Not being able to control my movements, I removed my hands from my face and looked at Grayson. His eyes were black again. But, this time, it wasn't scary. This time, it was almost comforting.

"Come. Here," he said slowly.

I couldn't control myself. I nodded my head and practically delve into his chest, going as far as my seatbelt would let me. I wrapped my arms around his middle and gripped his shirt in my fists. He wrapped his arms around me too, lifting my shirt so that his bare skin was touching my back and stomach.

"What are you doing?" I asked, shivering from the feeling of his skin against mine.

I felt him rub his nose against my hair. "I'm sorry, I know this must be weird for you. It's just that the more skin to skin contact we have, the calmer you will feel." He removed my arms from around him and, for a moment, I felt extremely disappointed but then lifted his shirt as well, being sure to put my arms back on his bare skin after he was done. I could feel his abs under my arms. "See? Better, right? Touching me is helping." I felt him kiss the top of my head.

Of course, he was right. I could feel my heart rate slowing down and my nerves starting to calm. "How is this happening?" I asked. I was so overwhelmingly confused. What was happening?

Before he could answer, there was another burst of thunder. I whimpered and pushed my face into his chest, nuzzling in as far as I could go. His arms tightened around me and his hands began to massage into my back.

"Shh, baby girl. Relax for me..." He whispered, his mouth touching my ear. I felt my shoulders slowly release their tension. His voice was so smooth, so comforting, like magic. I would do anything he told me to do as long as I got to keep hearing his voice. "There we go. That's what I like to see."

More thunder pounded in my ears like a beating drum. I pressed my face deeper into his chest and gasped. "Nuh-uh," he said. "None of that." His lips pressed to my ear, leaving a kiss. "Pay attention to my voice. All you can hear is my voice, baby." He kissed down my neck. He was right. All other noises faded away. There were no more crying babies, no more yelling passengers, no more pounding thunder, no more pitter patters of the rain outside. It was just him and me. "All you can hear is my voice. Isn't that right?"

I nodded my head. All I could hear was his voice.

"Good. Now, slow your breathing."

My breathing went from quick, gasping breaths to slow, deep sighs.

"Good girl." His lips kept moving down my neck. "Don't be scared. I've got you. I'll take care of you."

His kisses felt like magic. His voice was like magic. Everything about him was magic. I wasn't on a plane anymore. I wasn't anywhere anymore. It was just me and Grayson and his arms around me, his lips on my skin. I was completely calm.

And then his lips found a certain spot on my neck that made fire travel all throughout my body. I gasped.

Grayson smiled against my skin. "Hmm..." he murmured. He began sucking on the spot, his tongue running over my skin, leaving tingles that went all the way down to my toes. His fingers were digging into my sides and I felt a certain feeling building up inside me, a feeling that I hadn't felt in a long time.

My entire body shuddered and I moved my head to the side to give him better access. His deep chuckle vibrated through my body. "Hm, like that, do we?" he whispered against my skin.

I couldn't even respond. It felt like I was on drugs. Everything was moving so slowly.

I let out a deep breath that sounded more like a whine because he had stopped kissing me. I didn't know exactly what I wanted, but I needed something more. Something that, for some reason, I knew Grayson could provide. I moved my head over some more, hoping that he would keep kissing me.

He sighed. "I know, beautiful. I know. But not here. Not now." He placed one more peck on the spot. "But I promise, I will make you mine. Soon."

I had no idea what he meant. So I just moved closer to him, breathing in his heavenly scent. What kind of cologne did he use?

"That's right," he said. "I'm here and you're safe. Nothing bad is ever going to happen to you again. We're going to create the most amazing life together. I'm never letting you go."

What did he just say?

"But for now," he said, "you need to rest."

I looked up at him. His eyes were still black.

"Sleep."

And my world went dark.