28| STRATEGY SESSIONS

[ Chapter Twenty-Eight ]

❝I don't need you to protect me. I can take care of myself.❞

[The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

Adelina raced after Poe who was making his way to the command center.

"Okay, we need to talk to General Leia." Poe told her.

"No. We are not talking to my mom right now. I just got home. I want a shower, and a clean pair of clothes, and I want to see Nara." Adelina stepped in front of him, once she'd caught up with him.

"Fine. I'll talk to her and you can go do all of those other things." Poe looked her up and down.

Adelina blushed against her will before glaring at him, "Actually, I don't trust you. Could you wait for just an hour?"

Poe, put his hands on his waist and stared at her, "An hour, Lina? How many more planets will the First Order blow up in that hour while you're worried about your appearance? In case you missed it, the First Order has a weapon capable of destroying entire systems!"

Adelina's frown deepened, "I was there, Dameron! And I'm not worried about my appearance. I just went through a whole ordeal, a shower would be nice."

Poe sighed, rubbing his forehead and looked around noticing that several people were staring at them and Finn had come up next to them as well. Poe grabbed Adelina and Finn's hands before leading them away.

"Where are we going now, Dameron?" Adelina said and looked down at their hands, "And why are you holding my hand?"

Poe gave her a look but didn't let go of her hand as he led the two downstairs. He was about to speak when a body barreled into Adelina, ripping her hand out of Poe's.

"What? Who?" Adelina asked.

"Don't tell me you don't recognize your best friend?" Nara's voice was muffled as she buried her head in Adelina's shoulder.

"Nara!" Adelina grinned, and squeezed her best friend back.

Poe and Finn looked on from the side as the two women jumped up and down.

"I'm so happy you're okay!" Nara grinned as she broke the hug and looked at Adelina, "I thought you were dead. Your mom's sick of seeing me in her office and room twenty times a day. I was about to steal an X-wing and go after you."

Adelina laughed, "I'd love to see you rebelling against my mom."

"I mean I did threaten it multiple times." Nara laughed and grinned at her best friend, "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you so much too. I have so much to tell you." Adelina told her, "But not here."

Nara looked over at Finn and Poe and frowned before sticking her hand out to Finn, "Hi. I'm Nara."

"Finn." Finn shook her hand, though still looked at the two women in a puzzled way.

"He helped us escape the First Order." Adelina explained, "We basically owe our lives to him."