01| NEED FOR A MISSION

[ Chapter One ]

❝That's cause she hasn't seen what a narcissistic ass he is.❞

[Before the Events of The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

A rumor was going around that General Leia was going to send one of the Resistance's best pilots on an important mission.

Adelina had been dying for something to do outside of the Resistance base and was bored to death of sitting in the control room. She had trained to be a pilot and her mother, the General, knew that. Yes, her mother was trying to keep her safe, as a parent does, but she needed to do something more with her life. She wanted to be out in the action, instead of sitting behind closed doors, hearing about the action from afar. Plus, the Resistance would fair better with her as a lead pilot among them.

Adelina lifted her head from it's position on top of her elbow as she stared blankly at a screen and typed in difficult commands. A message over the loudspeaker called for all the highly appointed officials to meet the General in a conference room. Adelina leapt up and dragged her best friend, Nara out of her seat. Nara had been promoted a couple of weeks ago and was now just under Adelina's rank.

Contrary to everyone's beliefs, Adelina hadn't received this job because of her mother. She had worked very hard to be accepted by the other leaders and some of them still didn't trust her.

"Do you think she's called us all together to tell us about the mission?"

"You do know that this mission is just a rumor. General Leia is most likely going to tell us about our duties for the upcoming week and that probably doesn't involve us burning down some First Order city." Nara rolled her eyes.

Nara was sensible and that quality had gotten her far in life and her career. She was always the one who told Adelina when she was being too rash or spontaneous and kept her out of trouble. Nara happened to have no siblings, so Adelina felt like she was a sister to her.

"But if it isn't a rumor then don't you think we'll get picked? Mom owes me a mission." Adelina was excited.

Nara rolled her eyes and looped her arm through Adelina's as she steered her in the direction of the conference room, "Sorry to shoot down your hopes and dreams, but I feel like Poe Dameron will be given the opportunity. He is practically General Leia's favorite."

"That's cause she hasn't seen what a narcissistic ass he is." Adelina grumbled.

"I seem to remember you describing him differently, before you met. I believe you're words were: Damn he's hot. And then you proceeded to tell me things I won't dare repeat in public." Nara grinned.

Adelina snickered and hit Nara's arm lightly, "Yeah, and then I met him."

>> >> >>

It turned out that the mission was real but it was very different from what the two girls had thought it had been. General Leia Organa introduced it as a retrieval mission. Someone or a couple people were going to be sent to several locations where a map had been rumored to be. This map was said to lead to Luke Skywalker.

Throughout her mother's whole speech, Adelina rolled her eyes. She hadn't seen Uncle Luke since he left with her brother and she was sure he was dead by now as he hadn't bothered to contact his best friend or his twin sister in the many years that had passed.

Everyone in the room was getting antsy as they awaited their assignments. Adelina grabbed Nara's hand as she got antsy and Nara squeezed it to try and calm her friend down.

"Chill, Lina. Your mother's looking at you." Nara nudged Adelina and Adelina looked at General Leia. Sure enough, her mother was scrutinizing her. Adelina sighed and straightened.

"That is all." General Leia dismissed everyone, "Your folders are on the table. Oh and Mr. Dameron. I'd like to see you for a minute."

"Maybe your mom's finally going to call him out for that little stunt he pulled last week at practice." Nara whispered to Adelina.

"That little bitch." Adelina whispered back.

Adelina, Nara and Poe Dameron were in the same flight practice class. Since General Leia wouldn't let Adelina go on real missions or battles, that was the only time Adelina got to be in a cockpit or rather a simulation cockpit. Adelina had been on one mission and since she had almost been killed by Lieutenant Hux, at the end of the mission, General Leia had never let her go on one again, claiming she wasn't going to lose another child. Adelina's mission had been going brilliantly. She had retrieved the information and was heading back to base in her ship when she was intercepted by several TIE fighters, one of them which held the Lieutenant. She had successfully taken out all the other fighters but couldn't take out Hux's who fired at her. She had maneuvered her ship out of the way just in time but Poe Dameron had seen the whole thing and told General Leia who pulled Adelina out of any upcoming missions.

Now during the simulations, Poe Dameron and Adelina seemed at each other's throats. Last week was one of the worst, however. Poe had somehow hacked into Adelina's game and right when Adelina had every First Order ship right where she wanted them and was about to obliterate their fleet, Poe had to come in and steal all her glory. Plus, he rubbed it in her face afterwards.

Adelina hoped her mom would rethink her decision and place her on the mission but she knew it was wishful thinking.

Adelina and Nara grabbed their folders off the table and Adelina eagerly opened hers. She groaned when she saw her assignment. She would be training the new generation in pilot school. How the Resistance still had the resources to train teenagers was beyond her.

Nara looked up from examining hers, "What are you doing?"

"Training the new generation. What about you?" Adelina asked.

"Same." Nara smiled at Adelina and then her face fell, "Listen. I know you really wanted to go on a mission but at least we'll stay together. Your mom will come around eventually."

Adelina wrapped her arms around Nara and made to leave but not before looking back to where Poe was studying the two of them, a small smile on his face.

>> >> >>

Word Count: 1089

Yay! It is finally here! My Poe Dameron story is getting somewhere. I've been planning and working on chapters for a couple of weeks now and I am so excited to get this story going. 

Nara is going to be added at the beginning. I just forgot to add her cause she was very underdeveloped when I redid this story.

What did you think? Do you like Nara and Adelina's relationship? What about Adelina's backstory with Poe Dameron? Do you think it's real or something she's exaggerated? 

I love you all! See you soon!