11| AFTER THE FUNERAL

[ Chapter Eleven ]

❝I didn't think, Nar. All this time, I've only been thinking of myself and my goals.❞

[Before the Events of The Force Awakens]

>> >> >>

Adelina Solo and Poe Dameron emerged out into the cool night air on D'Qar where a celebration was already in full swing. Adelina quickly located Nara and dragged the pilot over to her. Nara was tipping back a glass of something that looked very disgusting but she didn't seem to mind. In fact, it seemed to be her second or third glass of the stuff. Jessika Pava was perched on the low bow of a tree chatting Nara up.

Adelina smirked as she stopped next to them, "Having fun?"

"Perhaps a little too much of it." Poe shook his head as he took Nara's half empty glass and downed it himself.

Adelina raised an eyebrow at him, "You're no better than they are, Dameron."

"I'm supposed to be celebrating, Solo. Loosen up." He nudged her with his shoulder.

"If I loosen up, it's likely I'll end up somewhere I don't want to be." Adelina glared.

Jessika laughed at that and called down to her, "Yeah, I wouldn't party too hard. He'll likely get you into bed with him."

Adelina cringed, "First of all, I'd never do that. Drunk or sober. Second of all, Poe doesn't even like me when we have to work together, why would he try to get me to sleep with him?"

Jessika and Nara exchanged knowing glances but didn't say anything.

"For the love of." Adelina paused, "What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing you'd want to know, Lina." Nara told her best friend and lay a hand on her arm before whispering, "You okay?"

Adelina shook her head and wrapped an arm around Nara before leading her over to the drinks, leaving Poe and Jessika to occupy themselves. Adelina then smiled at her friend, "So, I saw you and Jessika talking. Is anything happening there?"

Nara rolled her eyes, "So you don't want us to talk about your relationships but we can talk about mine?"

"Yours are a lot more interesting, Nar, and you know it. She's into you." Adelina nudged her as she accepted a drink from the woman manning them, "It's so obvious."

"No she isn't. You couldn't tell if someone was interested in someone else even if they flat out told you."

"That's not the point. The point is, this whole Resistance thing we're in is very unstable. You could be alive one minute and gone the next. You need to take opportunities as soon as they appear or you might not get the chance."

"Adelina. Listen to me. I don't want to get involved with Jessika because she's a fucking pilot. She could die on duty and I'd be heartbroken. I can't live that kind of life, Lina. I can't live the kind of life where the people I love are put under constant pressure, every day to fight for what they think is right. I know you want to do that, and I respect it but I can't." Nara broke down.

"Nar. I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't, Lina. I didn't tell you because I knew that it would hurt you. Being a pilot has been your dream for your entire life and you worked so hard to get it. I followed you because I thought that was what I wanted and in a way it was. I like flying but I don't like the danger that comes with it."

Adelina pulled her best friend into a hug. Adelina had always been so busy worrying about her own life that she hadn't paused often enough to think about her best friend and how she would be affected by whatever decisions she made. Adelina felt very guilty for her negligence and she knew she had to do better.

"I didn't think, Nar. All this time, I've only been thinking of myself and my goals." Adelina whispered, "You know I love you, right?"

"I love you too." Nara whispered back.

>> >> >>

The next morning, Adelina woke up with a pounding headache and her cheeks flushed as she remembered everything that had happened the night before.

After, Nara and Adelina had hugged it out, they had both gotten drinks which ended up being a bad idea. Nara turned out to be quite a lightweight as she was completely drunk after three or four drinks and was making out with a pilot who was not Jessika Pava. Jessika was glaring holes into the man's head as if she wanted to rip him apart.

Poe was flirting up a storm with a couple of female Resistance members who were giggling like they were schoolgirls when Adelina came up to him. Having four drinks already in her system was making Adelina a little loopy and when she decided to comment on how good-looking Poe was "that fine night", Poe knew that she needed to leave.

Adelina flushed as she remembered what she had said to him and how despite him acting like a perfect gentleman and taking her back to her room, she still flirted with him.

Nara knocked on her door just then and Adelina dragged her feet over the side so she could let her in. Adelina snorted as she saw Nara's appearance, "Holy sith. You look how I feel."

"I need painkillers, Lina. Now." Nara stormed in and rummaged through Adelina's bathroom cabinets. She pulled out the bottle and quickly swallowed two before she looked at her friend, "So, I don't remember a lot of yesterday except that I have someone else's shirt in my room and I did not have pants on when I woke up."

Adelina laughed, "You might have made out with this really attractive pilot guy and made Jessika super jealous. As for the shirt and pants part, you might have brought him to your room..."

Nara's eyes widened, "We didn't do it. Did we?"

"Why would I know that?" Adelina asked, "And I hope for your sake that you didn't, cause Jessika is already mad."

"Why didn't you stop me?" Nara asked.

"Because I was too busy flirting with Dameron and being super drunk too." Adelina blushed.

"You flirted with Poe?" Nara giggled, "How I wish I was sober to see that."

"Shut it." Adelina rolled her eyes, "I would never do that sober."

"Sure..." Nara trailed off and collapsed on her friend's bed, "I am so tired. Do you think your mom will give us a break?"

Adelina lay down next to her, "Honestly, I have no idea. That woman never gives me a break."

>> >> >>

Word Count: 1109

Hey guys! Here's a Friday update for all of you. I'm sorry that it's so short and it is a filler but there's only one more chapter before we arrive in The Force Awakens and I am so so excited!

What did you think? What about the scenes with Nara and Adelina? (I'm trying to develop their relationship)

I love you all and will see you soon with chapter 12!

POSTED ON: 

4. 13. 18