He talked with so much excitement it made Miranda giggle. "Is that so?"

He nodded his head as he shoved more grits into his mouth. Miranda fixed herself, as well as Ben, a plate. She took a seat beside Connor and said her grace before digging into her food as well. She hummed in delight as she ate. Connor didn't seem to be exaggerating.

"This is pretty good," Miranda said as Connor shook his head and smiled as he chewed the last of his biscuit.

Connor drank the last of his juice and placed his dishes in the sink and ran down the hall to the restroom. Miranda assumed he was brushing his teeth. He emerged a few minutes later and grabbed his bag from the couch.

Miranda stood from the stool and walked over to Connor. She smiled, he was such a cute young boy.

He stood by the door looking in the mirror that hung on the wall fixing his clothes and hair. Miranda giggled. Just then Ben came around the corner with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist and still damp from his shower. She did everything in her power to suppress the moan that was building from her throat.

Ben caught her gaze and winked at her. She was sure she would have to change her panties. Ben walked over to Connor and ruffled his hair which caused the boy to sigh.

"Uncle Ben I just fixed my hair."

"Sorry kiddo I couldn't resist. You got everything you need?"

"Yes sir."

"Need any snack money? Lunch money?"

"Uhhh, yes sir?"

"Connor I told you not to be shy about asking me when you need something", Ben said as he reached out and pulled Connor into a hug.

Just when Ben was walking to grab his wallet, they heard the bus' horn blow.

"I'll stop by on my way to work. Have a great day. I love you kid."

"Love you too. See you later Ms. Miranda."

"Have a great day Connor. See you later."

Connor shut the door when he walked out and Miranda walked over to where she left her plate and put it in the sink. Ben walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She smiled as she turned on the water to wash the dishes.

"So that look you were giving me when I walked in."

Miranda felt him squeeze her a little tighter and rub his nose against her neck. She bit her lip as she washed her and Connor's dishes.

"I don't know what you're talking about. But if you don't hurry and get dressed we're gonna be late," Miranda smirked.

Ben laughed as he slid his arms from around her waist. He pecked the back of her neck and walked back to his bedroom to get dressed. Miranda released a breathe she had no idea she was holding as she finished up the last dish. She glanced at the clock on the wall and it read 6:50.

She went to grab her bag from Ben's room. She walked in and saw him sat on the edge of his bed putting on his shoes. He glanced up at her and they both smiled. Ben stood as Miranda was at the door with her bag.

"You ready?"

"Yep."

They walked out of the bedroom and towards the front door. They walked out to Ben's car and Miranda threw her bag in the backseat. When he started the car they both glanced at the time. 6:52. Miranda looked up at him as he looked over at her.

"Don't worry, we have plenty of time," Ben smirked as he sped off in the direction of Connor's school first, where he dropped off some money, then to the hospital.